Location: Olympia, WA
Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Salary: $70,000 – $80,000 DOE Full time, Exempt
Leads Big Brothers Big Sisters of Southwest Washington by driving and advancing the mission, strategy, values and goals of the organization forward. Inspires and engages employees, volunteers, the Board of Directors, media and the community to take action in creating long-term positive outcomes for the organization. Directs fundraising and communications activities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Funds Development – Leads the organization in the development and maintenance of strong long term relationships with individuals, foundations, and corporate donors/funders. Personally builds and maintains key relationships to ensure funds development strategy is achieved.
- Ambassador and Spokesperson – Represents Big Brothers Big Sisters at external partnership events and with the media. Positively influences partners, the media and public policies to generate volunteers, donors and other resources.
- Program Impact – Ensures that comprehensive marketing strategies are developed to attract, engage and mobilize significant numbers of volunteer mentors. Ensures programmatic excellence and maximum program impact is achieved by establishing operational benchmarks, setting timelines and making child safety a priority.
- Financial Management – Develops plans that maximize the financial strength of the agency without adversely affecting other criteria of success (e.g., customer satisfaction, quality of service). Communicates the key performance measures and manages goals.
- Business Planning and Execution – Develop and drive the business plan of the organization within the context of the nationwide strategic direction; drives a collaborative process with the Board and staff. Uses performance metrics and quality indicators to guide operational decision-making.
- Talent Management – Attracts, retains, develops and leverages staff talent. Creates an environment where staff is engaged and performing at high levels. Institutes and utilizes an effective performance management system for all employees that include annual objective setting and evaluation.
- Board Development – Cultivates a strong Board of Directors willing to lead and contribute to the fund development success of the organization. Works to assure independent governance, oversight and performance accountability of the Board and the CEO.
- Other duties as assigned or needed
- Strategic and Visionary Leadership
- Thinks big picture, separating the critical from the routine. Develops vision and strategies that position the organization for growth. Prioritizes objectives and provides focus for the organization.
- Gains commitment from others to achieve the vision.
- Allocates and aligns resources to achieve strategy; forecasts and prepares for contingencies.
- Trusted Influencer and Relationship Builder
- Invests in internal and external relationships that are sustainable over time and builds strong teams.
- Actively networks with potential strategic partners and individuals and coaches his/her team to form partnerships and collaborations.
- Stakeholder Focus
- Creates and maintains an organizational culture that defines “stakeholders” broadly including employees, donors, Board and volunteers. Treats all stakeholders with respect and integrity.
- Aligns systems and processes to ensure proactive outreach and responsiveness. Anticipates needs and opportunities.
- Enterprise and Systems Thinking
- Employs a broad perspective to balance priorities in a way that accomplishes the overall goals of the agency.
- Demonstrates understanding of financial and other drivers that influence agency success; uses this business acumen to influence others, create shared goals and drive initiatives.
- Drive for Results and Performance
- Sets and executes high-performance targets through focus and drive toward a measurable standard of excellence.
- Establishes systems and processes that drives results; motivates Board and staff to create a high performance culture.
- Ethics and Values
- Translates and operationalizes vision in a way that is grounded in the agency shared values.
- Acts in an ethical manner reflecting core values of integrity, transparency, accountability, respect and responsibility. Acts above reproach in all that is done on behalf of Big Brothers Big Sisters.
- Change Leadership
- Champions change initiatives undertaken by the agency by leading and energizing others around such strategies.
- Aligns all aspects of the organization (structure, process, culture, rewards, employees, and volunteers) to achieve change goals.
EDUCATION & RELATED WORK EXPERIENCE
Education Level: (minimum & preferred educational requirements necessary to perform this job successfully)
Bachelor’s Degree; Graduate level degree preferred.
Years of Related Work Experience: (minimum & preferred related work experience necessary to perform this job successfully)
Professional experience will be evaluated for suitability to be successful in this position. The ideal candidate will also be a passionate advocate for youth and an articulate spokesperson for the organization.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- Funds development
- Ability to lead complex, multi-component projects to successful outcomes. Ability to negotiate and influence effectively in high impact situations with stakeholders at all levels
- Strategic thinking, planning, and project/ process/systems management skills
- Entrepreneurial approach to the use of scarce resources
- Knows how to manage simultaneously for short, mid and long term results
- Strategic and visionary leader
- Proven interpersonal and team building skills
- Board development
- Excellent verbal/written communications
- Ability to effectively motivate, develop and manage the work of others in a dynamic, complex and fast- paced work environment
- Intermediate MS Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint, experience with Office365 preferred
To apply, please email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.