Location: Fort Pierce, FL
Affiliate: Big Brothers Big Sisters of St. Lucie, Indian River & Okeechobee Counties
BBBS is seeking a dynamic, experienced leader to manage all aspects of this nonprofit organization. The position is expected to begin immediately. The CEO reports directly to the Board of Directors and is responsible for overseeing the operation, financial performance, programs, and strategic plan of the organization. BBBS provides community-based mentoring for children facing adversity along with significant school-based mentoring programs for struggling readers in Kindergarten through 5th grades. The Agency also serves 4 year-old Voluntary Pre-K students to promote kindergarten readiness and family engagement. Our focus is on prevention and early intervention. Big Brothers Big Sisters of St. Lucie, Indian River & Okeechobee Counties has a staff of 18 plus 59 BBBS Reads members and an annualized budget of $1.6 million. For more detailed information, please see our website at http://bbbsbigs.org/
Ideal Candidate will:
- Be a dynamic leader who can inspire, motivate, mentor, communicate, think strategically and build consensus;
- Be passionate about the BBBS mission and vision;
- Be a strong collaborator and partner who advocates on behalf of our children and builds enduring community relationships;
- Have a solid track record of working collaboratively with a Board of Directors;
- Possess a business acumen for fiscal strength along with the ability to balance growth and quality service;
- Have a track record of innovation, diversification of revenue, and business development expertise;
- Be committed to diversity at every level of the organization;
- Possess exceptional communications, presentations and media relations skills; and
- Demonstrate a record of achievement and inspirational leadership in organizations of similar scale.
Major Duties include:
- Providing strategic leadership through work with the Board and key management personnel to establish long-range strategies, operational policies, and maintain strong financial foundation for the agency;
- Providing overall administration of the organization within the policies established by the Governing Board (Board of Directors);
- Developing strong, long-term relationships with large scale individual, foundation and corporate donors/funders and key relationships to ensure fund development strategy is achieved
- Representing BBBS externally as the primary ambassador and spokesperson;
- Managing hiring, assignment, evaluation, correction, discipline and dismissal of all employees, staff members, contractors and others engaged to perform work for the organization;
- Maintaining successful relationships with county and state elected officials, authorities, associations and other community partners; and
- Ensuring the effective execution of the Agency funding plan, including government contracts, fundraising and grant writing for all programs; overseeing preparation of monthly actual performance vs. budget for approval by the Board of Directors; communicating to the Board of Directors all law, regulation and policy changes that affect the organization.
- 5 to 7 years of progressively responsible experience in nonprofit administration.
- Master’s preferred; Bachelor’s required
If interested in applying, please send your resume along with salary expectations to Judi Miller at: firstname.lastname@example.org