Current Posting Expires: 4/10/2018
Position Description – Responsibilities and Requirements:
Big Brothers Big Sisters (BBBS) of Middle Tennessee seeks an energetic, engaged, and visionary Chief Executive Officer (CEO) to lead a staff of thirty-six with an annual operating budget of $2.7 million. As a leading agency in the Big Brothers Big Sisters national organization, we provide one-to-one Big Brother Big Sister mentoring relationships throughout the Middle Tennessee region.
For more information, please visit our website at: www.mentorakid.org
The ideal candidate will have the following skills, experience, attributes, and education:
- Passion for our mission.
- Strategic and Visionary Leader: Ability to create a compelling sense of organizational purpose to appeal to key stakeholders while also inspiring others.
- Strong Ethics and Values: Translates and operationalizes vision and own behavior that is grounded in the agency share values.
- Excellent writing, communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills.
- Entrepreneurial approach to the use of scarce resources
- Ability to coach and motivate direct reports, manage relationships with various professionals in a dynamic, complex and a fast pace environment
- Proven success providing customer service and working with diverse groups highly desired.
- Ability to recruit and work with a diverse board of directors.
- Proven track record of successful fundraising and fiscal management.
- Strong experience in organizational development and management skills.
- Ability to lead complex, multi-component projects to successful outcomes. Ability to negotiate and influence effectively in high-impact situations with stakeholders at all levels
- Bachelor’s degree in public administration, business administration, education, social services or related field required; Graduate degree preferred.
- At least seven years of proven results in building an organization and achieving results.
Salary will be commensurate with experience and qualifications. BBBS is an equal opportunity employer.
Job Type: Full-time
- Executive Director/CEO
- Social Services
Contact Information and Procedure:
This search is being facilitated by CNM on behalf of BBBS.
Applicants should submit a letter of interest and a current resume to:
BBBS Search Committee
c/o Center for Nonprofit Management
No phone calls, please.
No phone calls, please.