Agency: Big Brothers Big Sisters of the Triangle (0750)
Location: Morrisville, NC
Position: Customer Relations & Enrollment Specialist (FT)
Position Purpose: This position is responsible for providing high-level customer service in response to all customer and stakeholder inquiries and leads. Essential to the BBBS brand, a primary function of this position is to ensure that children and volunteers are appropriately enrolled while executing a high degree of independent judgment when utilizing BBBS standards and practices. A high-level customer service, focusing on volunteer options and child safety, is to be demonstrated throughout the volunteer and child enrollment process.
May be responsible for marketing BBBS programs through telemarketing recruitment and outreach.
Performance Measures: A successful Customer Relations & Enrollment Specialist will produce positive outcomes in the following areas: volunteer yield and processing time; youth yield; youth/parent processing time; customer satisfaction, and quality ratings in customer relations processing leading to high match retention
Duties & Responsibilities:
- All customer and stakeholder contacts are marked by an atmosphere of engagement and motivation.
- Ensure that all volunteers receive an engaging, positive and personalized sales phone response promoting BBBS programs.
- Effectively move the volunteer from the point of first contact to active enrollment.
- Determine the best way to get volunteer investment in the enrollment process.
- Identify and eliminate any barriers interfering with the initial enrollment process.
- Follow process through to next point of contact.
- Obtain preliminary contact information and schedule enrollment orientation within prescribed time frame.
- Send forms or program information as needed to volunteers, families or school administrators.
- Collaborate with other service delivery staff to ensure smooth transition among functions.
- Respond to all volunteer and parental calls regarding their enrolled status (or that of their children). Insure that all such inquiries receive prompt and informative response.
- Respond to all calls requesting general information; communicating basic information, flexibility and volunteer choice.
- Persistently and accurately track and maintain recurring contact with potential volunteers and families who have not yet begun the enrollment process.
- Check references and conduct criminal and child abuse background checks for volunteers. Establish the legal identity of the volunteer through original documentation. Immediately bring to the attention of Enrollment and Match Specialist any concerns surfacing during reference checking that may influence the volunteer enrollment process.
- Promote BBBS and present volunteer options to references.
- Enter all inquiries and pertinent data into database, ensuring accuracy and timelines of information systems.
- Conduct client enrollments including parent/child interviews, child safety education and enrollment processes. Assess and refer families for alternative or additional services as needed.
- Ensure a high-level of proficiency and skill in applying child safety and risk management knowledge, policies and procedures throughout all aspects of job function. Identify child safety issues for volunteers, children and their families.
- Other duties as assigned
- Minimum bachelor’s degree in social services, human resources or related field
- Experience working with both child and adult populations; specific assessment, intake or interview experience preferred.
- Must have car, valid driver’s license, and meet state required automobile insurance minimums.
- Proficiency in Microsoft office; including word, outlook and excel
- Excellent relational assessment skill
- Oral and written communication skills reflect solid customer service
- High-level interviewing skills
- Ability to form appropriate assessment-based relationships
- Ability to relate well in multicultural environments
- Ability to maintain confidentiality throughout daily operations
- Ability to effectively collaborate with other program staff
- Ability to use time effectively
- Ability to focus on details
- Ability to collect meaningful data and draw solid conclusions
Salary range: $26,000-$27,000/year, 40 hours/week
Application instructions: Please email cover letter and resume to: Andie Young, MS-Vice President of Programs at (email@example.com). Resumes submitted without cover letters, beyond the deadline date or not submitted via email, will not be considered.
Application deadline: April 23, 2018