Duration: July 2018 – January 2019
Reports To: Manager of SB Customer Service and Processing
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Big Brothers Big Sisters of Metropolitan Chicago (BBBSMC) helps children reach their potential through professionally supported, one-to-one relationships with caring adult volunteers. The Customer Relations Specialist will work closely with the Manager of SB Customer Service and Processing, to ensure that goals set for the Site Based programs are met.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
- Assist with volunteer and family on-boarding for all programs.
- Manage volunteer and family inquiries via the inquiry queue, phone and email.
- Use independent judgment to make recommendations and assess eligibility and appropriateness of each volunteer.
- Manage all front-end file processing while keeping in mind match goals for each month/quarter, in conjunction with BBBS’ procedures. This includes data entry, background and reference checks, all done with quality and in an error free manner.
- Conduct volunteer and family orientations as part of the Site Based Customer Relations team.
- Foster and maintain a professional relationship with potential volunteers and families, by monitoring and maintaining contact from inquiry to match, or inquiry to closure.
- Other duties as assigned.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- At least one year prior customer service experience
- A belief in the Mission and Vision of BBBS
- Must understand and articulate the agency mission and describe program offerings
- Excellent oral and written communication skills including appropriate phone etiquette
- Strong facilitation/presentation/public speaking skills
- Must be customer focused, friendly and engaging.
- High level of efficiency and organization, ability to handle multiple tasks.
- Excellent attention to detail and organized work style
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook)
- Intermediate knowledge of internet research
- Experience with database software (MS Access or other database systems)
- Flexibility to work some evenings and weekends
This position operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
If interested in applying, please forward your resume, cover letter and salary requirements to: BBBS Career Page
Big Brothers Big Sisters of Metropolitan Chicago
Attn: Human Resources
560 W. Lake St., 5th Floor
Chicago, IL 60661
Equal Opportunity Employer