Name of Organization: Big Brothers Big Sisters of Greater Charlotte
Title of Position: Development Manager
Date Position Available: Immediately
Position Reports To: Vice President of Development
Position is: Full-time
The development manager is responsible for managing fundraising systems and operations including oversight and execution of the agency’s strategic fund development plan. The development manager oversees development staff including event management and donor relations, and works in close coordination with the agency’s marketing director to ensure timely and strategic communication with our constituents and the community at large.
Specifically the Development Manager will
- Develop a system to seek new and retain agency donor and volunteer relationships
- Oversee and grow the agency’s funding appeals and implement best practices to advance them.
- Assists the grant making process to steward and grow funding from foundations, faith-based organizations and businesses.
- Ensure development department maintains and executes a strategic fund development plan.
- Coordinate fundraising and agency messaging/communications with marketing director, ensuring a thoughtful and strategic outreach plan.
- Oversee the donor database system ensuring data accuracy and ensuring appropriate staff are actively utilizing the tool for donor relationship management.
- Provide active leadership to the development team to ensure strategic goals are met.
- Provide development staff with philanthropic updates and best practices to ensure team growth and success.
- Participate, lead (when necessary), and attend community and agency-appropriate meetings.
- Bachelor’s Degree required. Master’s degree and CFRE certification is preferred.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience required, five or more years in related experience preferred.
- College graduate – Bachelor’s degree
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrated attention to detail
- Experienced user of Microsoft Office products
- Good organization and time-management skills
Interested applicants should submit a cover letter, resume, and contact information for three professional references, via email, to: Careers@bbbsclt.org. For more information, visit: www.bbbscharlotte.org