Name of Organization: Big Brothers Big Sisters of Central Carolinas
Title of Position: Director of Development
Date Position Available: Immediately
Position Reports To: CEO
Position is: Full-time (40 hrs/week)
The Director of Development is a top-level staff member who reports directly to the CEO of Big Brothers Big Sisters of Central Carolinas (BBBSCC). He/She will work across all levels of staff and with the Board of Directors and volunteers in the creation and fulfillment of a robust and successful fundraising program for the agency. The Director of Development will help maintain existing and forge new relationships to build BBBSCC’s impact and financial strength. He/She will have the primary responsibility for establishing the infrastructure needed to grow the organization’s resources through (1) the design, implementation, and on-going management of a comprehensive plan to develop key external alliances through cultivation of individual and philanthropic support; (2) solicitation of major gifts, planned gifts, special events, United Way, and corporate and foundation support; (3) management of the planning and implementation of special events and other fund raising activities to maximize prospect/donor engagement; and (4) development and maintenance of a prospect portfolio to optimize fund raising opportunities. He/She will ensure that the fundraising and non-fundraising priorities of the agency grow through increased corporate, individual, foundation, and other consistent involvement.
Specifically the Director of Development will:
- Serve as a key member of the agency’s Leadership Team.
- In cooperation with Development & Marketing Committee of the Board, be responsible for creating and executing long range and short term development plans.
- Oversee annual fundraising calendar, including deadlines for grants, fundraising events, solicitations and reports to funders.
- Develop and execute a comprehensive fundraising/development plan and program to sustain and annually increase charitable funding. Include strategies and tactics for major gifts, an annual fund, special events, direct mail, foundation and corporate grants and planned giving.
- Identify, cultivate and enhance funding relationships with major donors of all types.
- Oversee the acknowledgement of gifts/donations and implement an effective stewardship program that cultivates future giving.
- Monitor the organization’s fundraising data base, software and support system to ensure high-level record-keeping and reporting.
- Provide leadership and supervision to Development staff as well as hire and train new staff to the department.
- Stay knowledgeable about emerging issues, trends and opportunities in philanthropy in general and in the geographic service footprint of BBBSCC.
- Assist with the development of the Annual Operation Budget and ensure adherence to the approved budget spending.
- Assist in oversight strategy and presentation of BBBS mission to appropriate and targeted corporate partners.
- Provide reports and updates as needed for both CEO and Board.
- Perform other related and assigned duties as necessary.
- Bachelor’s Degree required.
- 3-5 years’ experience required in fundraising, management and/or marketing for non-profits with a proven record of success.
- College graduate – Bachelor’s degree.
- Minimum of 2 years of management/supervisory experience with at least two direct reports.
- Valid driver’s license and have transportation.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated attention to detail.
- Experienced user of Microsoft Office, Adobe, and knowledge of eTapestry a plus.
- Good organization and time-management skills.
Application Procedures and Special Instructions:
Interested applicants should submit a cover letter, resume, and contact information for three professional references, via email, to: email@example.com. For more information, visit: www.bbbscentralcarolinas.org