Big Brothers Big Sisters of Northeastern Wisconsin is a donor and volunteer supported nonprofit organization that has been professionally matching area youth with volunteer mentors since 1972.
We are seeking a motivated professional to fill our Director of Development position.
The Director of Development serves as the leader for agency fund development helping the Executive Director and management team develop and deliver a multi-year revenue plan that aligns with the agency’s growth agenda.
This position plays a lead role in fostering a culture of philanthropy and assures that the organization’s culture, systems, processes and procedures support achieving the agency’s revenue goals in alignment with fund development best practices. The Development Director manages the fund development team and functions as the agency’s principal major gift fundraiser.
Key elements of the fund development program include: an annual giving program; major gifts from individuals; donor acquisition and fundraising events; United Way; government and other grants; and corporate and foundation giving.
As a member of the management team, this position helps shape agency strategy and plays a leadership role in achieving the agency’s operating plan. The position works in close collaboration with other members of the agency’s management team, as well as other Big Brothers Big Sisters agencies and the National Office.
- Documented Bachelor’s degree in sales, marketing, communications, public administration, related field or job experience equivalency.
- 3-5 years progressively responsible experience in fund development.
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE:
- An articulated belief in the mission of the organization
- Management experience with at least two direct reports
- Demonstrated personal solicitation success
- A proven track record as a major gift officer and manager or comparable, transferable experiences
- Demonstrated strategic agility and flexibility
- Excellent oral and written communications skills including honed reflective listening ability
- Proven integrity
A complete job description can be found on our website: Careers | Big Brothers Big Sisters of Northeastern Wisconsin.
To apply, send cover letter with resume to:
Big Brothers Big Sisters of Northeastern Wisconsin
1345 W. Mason St.
Green Bay, WI 54303