Location: Springfield, MA
CHD/ Big Brothers Big Sisters of Hampshire County is seeking an energetic, dynamic, strategic, innovative and visionary leader to provide overall leadership for the program. Since 1975 CHD’s Big Brothers Big Sisters of Hampshire County has been providing one-to-one mentoring relationships to local children in need of positive adult influence and friendship.
The program has an annual budget of $450,000 which is raised at the program level, with approximately one third grants and contracts, one third individual donors and one third fundraising events.
Candidate must have experience in program management, strategic and collaborative leadership, program development, fiscal management, and resource development including donor cultivation and stewardship. Must have a strong commitment to working with and embracing the culturally diverse population of Hampshire County. Other qualifications include:
- Master’s degree in related field.
- Minimum of 5 years relevant experience and proven results in management.
- Strategic thinking, planning, and project/process/systems management skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and comfortable with public speaking.
- Motivational leader, who can attract, retain, develop and empower staff and advisory board.
- Proven track record in development/fundraising and community building.
- Hands on ability to manage financial data.
- Proficiency in budgeting.
- Experience with grant writing.
- Flexible work schedule to include some evening and weekends.
- Must be self-motivated, passionate about and committed to the mission.
- Sense of humor.
- Knowledge of local community a strong plus.
Management and Oversight
- Provide leadership in all aspects of BBBS, including program development, financial planning, administration, marketing, operations and fund development activities.
- Serve as the program’s primary external spokesperson, developing strong working relationships with partners, funders, state and local government agencies and other mentoring, education and human service organizations.
- Manage the day to day operations of the organization.
- Oversee compliance with CHD and BBBSA policies and procedures.
- Work with CHD Fiscal Department to develop annual budget and interim financial reporting procedures to ensure that the program operates within budgetary guidelines.
- Oversee the submission of grants, funding applications and required reporting to existing and potential funders.
- Cultivation and stewardship of donor relationships.
- Support director of development in coordination of fundraising events.
Advisory Board Development and Communications
- Build and maintain strong relationships and communication with Advisory Board.
- Plan and organize Advisory Board meetings.
- Recruit and orient new Advisory Board members.
Staff Related Responsibilities
- Responsible for the hiring of all personnel.
- Direct supervision of Development Director, Program Manager and Administrative Assistant.
- Encourage staff and volunteer training and development, and assist all personnel in relating their work to the overall goals and priorities of the organization.
- Coordinate weekly staff meeting.
- Provide leadership in new and innovative program development.
- Represent program externally with human service coalitions, schools, higher education, businesses and government.
- Actively seek collaborative programming with partners.
For immediate consideration, please submit cover letter and resume to chd.org/careers, Requisition Number 17-0042.