Location: St. Louis, MO
Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Salary: $42,000 -$50,000
The primary goal of this position is to ensure children are supported through trusting and enduring relationships. This goal will be accomplished through strong management of the volunteer enrollment process. Requires a strong organizational and process management skills, strong communication and relationship building skills, and effective and timely decision making.
- Coach and train team to a high level of proficiency and skill to provide strong processing and assessments, especially around endurance and safety.
Develop and execute enrollment process to drive timely processing from application to match.
- Drive Volunteer Process from interview to match in 45 days or less
- Drive Volunteer Yield:
- Inquiry to Application Rate: 65%
- Application to Match Rate: 48%
Responsible for contributing to Agency target of:
- Create 426 Central Region Teams
- 12-month endurance rate of 75%.
Ensure consistent implementation and application of Program Policies according to National and Agency standards.
- Provide coaching/feedback to interviewers
- Complete observations to train and assist new and tenure staff in advancing interview skills
- Coach and train to a high level of proficiency and skill in applying child safety and risk management knowledge when assessing potential volunteers, parents, guardians and clients.
- Ensure accurate and timely data in electronic and physical files.
- Develops Team Members – Studies and practices management. Clearly communicates expectations. Connects with the individual team members. Celebrates and showcases successes of individual team members and team as a whole. Create an environment that supports cross-functional analysis and problem solving.
- Process Management –Good at figuring out the processes necessary to get things done; knows how to organize people and activities; understands how to separate and combine tasks into efficient work flow; knows what to measure and how to measure it; can see opportunities for synergy and integration where others can’t; can simply complex processes; gets more out of fewer resources.
- Decisiveness & Judgment – Able to consider both the short and long term impact of decisions; plan for how the consequences of decisions affect the team; coach others and hold them accountable for making effective decisions; make and act on decisions. Able to establish resources and/or processes to gather information/data for problem solving or analysis; ensure that organization-level decisions are based on data and sound reasoning.
- Results Focused – Able to create an environment of accountability for meeting agreed upon expectations; eliminate barriers to group performance and hold others accountable for identifying and removing obstacles that negatively affect quality; lead/champion efforts that increase productivity and goal accomplishment throughout the team; monitors benchmarks to track individual and/or team performance.
- Assessment – Is a good judge of behaviors; can clearly articulate the strengths and limitations of people; acts on the information gathered in a timely manner.
- Accountable – We rise above our individual circumstances and demonstrate the ownership necessary to achieve desired results. We live “above the line”, not “below the line”. We don’t make excuses for our shortcomings like “I didn’t know”, “that’s not my job”, “No one told me”, “I didn’t understand”, etc. We practice the four step accountable process of (1) SEE IT. (2) OWN IT. (3) SOLVE IT. (4) DO IT.
- Adaptable – We are always open to change so our organization can respond quickly to a problem or opportunity. We understand that standing still or protecting the status quo is not a viable option. We are willing to jump in and make things happen. We focus on impact, use data, quantitative and qualitative, to make decisions, as close to the issue, as possible. We understand that with each change there are new opportunities to improve our services AND advance our careers.
- Coachable – We are capable of listening, willing to take constructive feedback and make the necessary changes to be more efficient and effective.
- Confident – We approach our work with confidence giving our many audiences, internal and external, assurance that our brand and outcomes are worth the investment of their time, talent and treasure. We demonstrate our professionalism through our thoughtful work, professional appearance and clear and consistent communication. We regularly, formally and informally, communicate our successes and challenges, not only to our teams and supervisors but with others inside and outside the agency who may be of assistance. We know that EVERYONE is available to assist. We “communicate” with others in ways that can be “heard” and we understand the value of closing the loop in conversations. We also know how to apologize when necessary.
- Resilient –We are always determined to deliver the very best product/program/service AND reach our goals. We are hard workers. We understand that we must “study our craft” (i.e. read book and articles, attend learning opportunities provided by the agency, seek out mentors) if we are going to maintain the highest program standards and grow professionally within a high performing agency. When we are knocked down, we focus on the positive, get back up and rebuild.
- Supportive – We recognize that life can throw you a curve ball and some days are tougher than others. We are here to support each other, our Bigs, Littles and families on those days and in those moments. We believe in teamwork– in fact, our 4:1+1 model is a team model. We work hard together, find time to enjoy each other and celebrate our accomplishments, especially those where we have triumphed over great challenges and uncertainty.
Education & Related Work Experience
Education Level: Minimum Bachelor’s degree, master’s preferred in social services or related field.
Related Work Experience: 3-5 years of related work experience required with progressive management responsibilities preferred. Also requires previous experience working in the youth development field. Must have a valid driver’s license, and meet state required automobile insurance minimums.
Work Environment/Physical Requirements
Routine office environment. Flexible work hours to meet customer needs. When home visits are indicated, must travel to local communities and neighborhoods.
Equal Employment Opportunity
BBBSEMO provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals without regard to race, creed, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, or non-disqualifying physical or mental handicap or disability.
Send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com. No in-person or phone applications will be accepted. Please do not call or inquire in person.