Location: Charlotte, NC
Date Position Available: Immediately
Position Reports To: Vice President of Development
Position is: Full Time (40 hrs/week)
To provide children facing adversity with strong and enduring, professionally-supported one-to-one relationships that change their lives for the better, forever.
All Children achieve success if life.
Big Brothers Big Sisters partners with individual donors, foundations, corporations, government and others to build the critical network of support that funds and enables the work of carefully matching children with caring adult mentors and providing ongoing support to the child, volunteer mentor and child’s family. Big Brothers Big Sisters targets children who need us most, including those living in single parent homes, growing up in poverty and coping with parental incarceration. More than 1,500 Matches (Bigs & Littles) get together regularly in the Central Carolinas region, creating and building life-changing friendships. Research proves that children enrolled in Big Brothers Big Sisters programs are more likely to improve in school and in their relationships with family and friends, and less likely to skip school or use illegal drugs or alcohol. Big Brothers Big Sisters of Central Carolinas has been recognized as a leader in the non-profit industry and in the BBBS network; winning the National BBBS Gold Standard Award and, locally, the Mayor’s Mentoring Alliance Large Agency Best Practices award the last four years in a row. Our Development Team works hard to create unique, positive, memorable experiences for our volunteers, supporters and event participants. We deeply value the relationships created and the dollars generated from each of our donors, large or small.
The Donor Database Coordinator is responsible for the oversight and integrity of the donor database, ensuring that the organization is effectively documenting and stewarding all donor contributions in a timely and efficient way. She/he also ensures all donor data is collected, stored and properly used by all members of the organization.
- Perform data entry and record management, ensuring accuracy and consistency
- Manage and enforce gift acknowledgement processes, ensuring timely and accurate recognition of all gifts
- Make appropriate and timely recommendations on database expansion and/or enhancements to ensure the most effective and efficient use of the system
- Respond to donor inquiries concerning gift history, receipts, and other documentation
- Coordinate and plan for future data conversions/upgrades as needed
- Pulls reports and creates custom reports/queries as needed to support the development function
- Collaborate with staff to analyze fundraising trends/results and provide related analysis
- Assess needs and provide training and support for all donor database users
- College graduate – Bachelor’s degree
- 2-4 years experience in database management
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrated attention to detail
- Experienced user of Microsoft Office products
- Good organization and time-management skills
Interested applicants should submit a cover letter and resume via email, to: firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information, visit: bbbscentralcarolinas.org