Name of Organization: Big Brothers Big Sisters of Central Carolinas
Title of Position: Enrollment and Match Support Specialist
Date Position Available: Immediately
Position Reports to: Director of Programs Community Based
Position: Full Time (40 hr. work week)
Mission: To provide children facing adversity with strong and enduring, professionally supported one-to-one relationships that change their lives for the better, forever.
Vision: All Children achieve success if life.
Big Brothers Big Sisters partners with individual donors, foundations, corporations, government and others to build the critical network of support that funds and enables the work of carefully matching children with caring adult mentors and providing ongoing support to the child, volunteer mentor and child’s family. Big Brothers Big Sisters targets children who need us most, including those living in single parent homes, growing up in poverty and coping with parental incarceration. More than 1,500 Matches (Bigs & Littles) get together regularly in the Central Carolinas region, creating and building life-changing friendships. Research proves that children enrolled in Big Brothers Big Sisters programs are more likely to improve in school and in their relationships with family and friends, and less likely to skip school or use illegal drugs or alcohol. Big Brothers Big Sisters of Central Carolinas has been recognized as a leader in the non-profit industry and in the BBBS network; winning the National BBBS Gold Standard Award and, locally, the Mayor’s Mentoring Alliance Large Agency Best Practices award the last four years in a row. Our Development Team works hard to create unique, positive, memorable experiences for our volunteers, supporters and event participants. We deeply value the relationships created and the dollars generated from each of our donors, large or small.
The Enrollment and Match Support Specialist reports to the Director of Programs – Community Based. The person will conduct orientations, complete the enrollment process to include interviews, assessments, conduct match support meetings and supervise a small caseload of matches. In addition, the Enrollment and Match Support Specialist will work with staff on all levels to create successful matches and volunteer experiences for both child, parent and volunteer. This person will ensure that child safety is high priority. The individual is expected to use excellent verbal, written and documentation skills. The individual is expected to have good computer and skills and competent in using office equipment including the ability to learn and work with databases. The individual will be fluent in English and Spanish. This person will also participate in all agency events to promote match participation and aide in the success of the match.
- Conduct volunteer enrollments, including: individual orientations, interviews, and completion of any other enrollment processes
- Conduct client enrollments including parent/child interviews, child safety education and enrollment processes. Assess and refer families for alternative or additional services as needed.
- Ensure a high-level of proficiency and skill in applying child safety and risk management knowledge, policies and procedures throughout all aspects of job function. Identify child safety issues for volunteers, children and their families.
- Review and follow-up on references as necessary to gain additional data to complete the assessment process.
- Possess a strong knowledge of the community and have the ability to establish strong relationships internally and externally and work with a diverse population
- Excellent analytical, interpersonal skills and possess excellent verbal and written skills
- Review all enrollment information and assessments and make recommendations for participation in the program based on this information and assess and apply factors contributing to successful match.
- Effectively align volunteer interests and qualifications with service options of agency. Consult with other service delivery staff and/or supervisor as appropriate.
- Provide comprehensive assessments and match support recommendations for volunteer and child participation in the program based upon assessments of each individual volunteer.
- Maintain accurate and timely records for each match according to standards and utilize technology to report, synthesize and analyze data.
- High degree of collaboration with other service delivery staff to ensure smooth transition among functions.
- Determine matches and facilitate match meetings. Accommodate volunteer and family schedules.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 2-3 Years’ experience in human services or case management
- Excellent Computer Skills
- Excellent Written and Verbal Communication skills
- Demonstrate Attention to detail
- Good organizational and time-management skills
- Valid Driver’s License and reliable transportation
- Experienced user of Microsoft Office and Adobe products
Application Procedures and Instructions:
Interested applicants should submit a cover letter, resume and contact information for three references to email@example.com.
For additional information, visit: www.bbbscentralcarolinas.org