Big Brothers Big Sisters of America is recruiting for an Executive Assistant. This position is working for the National Office located in Tampa, FL.
The Executive Assistant will serve as the primary administrative support to the President /CEO. This critically important role will enable the President to work most effectively with internal and external stakeholders and fulfill their commitments to other executives, partners, funders, and the Board of Directors. This is not just an administrative role; it requires a highly organized individual to support, manage, and facilitate the needs of the executive and be accustomed to being in a visible role and juggling multiple priorities simultaneously.
The Executive Assistant composes correspondence, prepares reports and conducts special projects as directed. Proven ability to successfully handle multiple projects and meet critical deadlines in fast-paced, high pressure environment.
- Provides comprehensive support to the president, always being one step ahead
- Provide direct daily support to President and other senior executives as needed
- Strict gatekeeper, answer, screen and direct incoming calls
- Maintains calendars, contact lists, files and contracts
- Responsible for travel and meeting arrangements
- Independently plans and organizes work; develops and maintains procedures to ensure work is completed in an efficient manner.
- Coordinates daily appointment calendar including making reservations for travel and accommodations.
- Contributes to effective customer and public relations through courteous and tactful responses to inquiries. Follows through on matters referred to other staff to make sure prompt action has been taken
- Gather feedback from teams on a regular basis to constantly improve support programs
- Facilitates all content and logistics for team members and events
- Confirm objectives for the meeting invites, participants, materials for all calendar needs
- Partners closely with other administrative professionals to ensure appropriate and timely communication to meeting participants
- Prepare presentation and meeting minutes using MS PowerPoint, MS Word, MS Excel
- Compose memos, letters, and other correspondence
- Work discretely with confidential information
- Work closely with any operational department heads as it relates to departmental projects
- At least 5 years of direct experience in senior administrative position supporting a C-level executive.
- Highly technical and highly organized.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Exceptional organizational skills.
- Must be sensitive to confidential information.
- Expert knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Detail oriented and able to work in fast-paced environment
Flexible schedule to work overtime, weekends and during vacation time if necessary
Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing or finance preferred
Travel requirements to (primarily) domestic destinations should not exceed 10%.
A standard work week exists but with the understanding that additional time/effort outside of the usual parameters can/will occur.
Interested applicants should click here to apply.