Local child advocacy organization seeks an Executive Director.
This position is responsible for all aspects of the of the operations and programs. The Executive Director reports to the Board of Directors and is accountable for ensuring that the agency stays true to its mission and meets its financial and fundraising targets. The Executive Director must be dynamic, outgoing and demonstrate a clear commitment to the agency.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and enhance the agency’s outreach efforts to ensure the image, mission, and values of the organization are properly communicated throughout the service area.
- Lead the agency’s public relations function and develop and maintain positive relationships with community members and similar situated service organizations.
- Communicate to the Board of Directors on matters of program delivery. Attend all board and committee meetings and ensure that the Board is kept fully informed on the state of the program and the internal and external factors influencing the program.
- Plan and promote all agency fundraising efforts, including the annual appeal.
- Lead the grant application and renewal process and actively monitor available grant opportunities.
- Work with the board of directors and treasurer to prepare an annual budget and ensure the agency operates within the budget guidelines.
- Oversee the use of accounting and donor management software as needed, while developing and maintaining sound financial practices.
- Work with staff to ensure compliance with local, state and federal guidelines and regulations regarding program functions and performance.
- Accountable for the proper maintenance of agency funds and financial records.
- Promote active participation by volunteers, staff, and the Board of Directors.
- Create an environment of accountability for meeting agreed upon expectations.
- Hire, engage, develop, and hold staff accountable to work efficiently and effectively to achieve team and individual goals.
- Attend and participate in meetings, conferences and training as required and requested.
- Maintain the confidentiality of all clients and volunteers.
- Follow the required policies and procedures set forth by the agency.
- Work with the staff on matters that relate to program development and implementation.
- Other duties as assigned.
The Executive Director position requires a bachelor’s degree.
Five (5) years of relevant management experience or a Master’s Degree in a related field is strongly preferred. Experience in fundraising and public relations is a plus. Qualified candidates must have a valid driver’s license, reliable transportation, and carry the level of automobile insurance required by the agency. This position also requires successful completion of required screenings and background checks prior to employment.