Agency: Big Brothers Big Sisters Mountain Region
Location: Santa Fe, NM
Position: Executive Director/CEO
Big Brothers Big Sisters Mountain Region is searching for a CEO to manage the operations and team of 27 staff in New Mexico. Based in Santa Fe, BBBS Mountain Region is an established operation currently led by an accomplished CEO who will be retiring in 2018.
For more than 100 years, Big Brothers Big Sisters has operated under the belief that inherent in every child is the ability to succeed and thrive in life. As the nation’s largest donor and volunteer supported mentoring network, Big Brothers Big Sisters makes meaningful, monitored matches between adult volunteers (“Bigs”) and children (“Littles”), ages 6 through 18, in communities across the country. BBBS develops positive relationships that have a direct and lasting effect on the lives of young people.
BBBS Mountain Region served 1,159 youth in 2017 with a budget of $1.7 million. The Mountain Region encompasses the state of New Mexico, which includes Santa Fe with regional offices in Las Cruces, Gallup, and Taos. There are many more youth to serve in New Mexico. One of the key tasks for the new CEO will be fundraising and volunteer recruitment and retention. Targeted growth is 8% per annum.
BBBS – MR is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer with a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion. They prohibit discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, veteran status, marital status, or any other legally protected status. Applications by members of all underrepresented groups are encouraged.
The CEO reports to the Board of Directors and is responsible for providing visionary leadership in the establishment, implementation and growth of Big Brothers Big Sisters Mountain Region (BBBS-MR) in accordance with its mission, vision, strategic plans and policies adopted by the Board of Directors. In addition to staff and program management, the CEO is expected to spearhead fundraising initiatives and to engage staff, board, and volunteers in ways to expand programs. The selected candidate will oversee the preparation and management of the Agency budget, which provides planned business results that consistently, over time, contribute to the operating reserve and ensure financial health.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Management and Leadership, Social Work, Psychology, Public Administration, or related field and with 7-10 years’ experience as the leader of an organization with a demonstrated record of accomplishment in creating and implementing breakthrough, sustained growth strategies in a non-profit or corporate environment.
- Proven ability to expand donor stewardship plan through enhancing gift levels, adding new donors each year, retaining donors, and increasing existing donor give.
- Proven ability to increase non-governmental funding as proportion of total funding (individual giving, annual campaign and grants).
- Experience with directing fundraising events, galas, etc.
- Experience with national or multi-site organizations a plus.
- Ability to work effectively with private/public agencies, boards, committees and community groups.
- Experience working in diverse social, cultural and economic communities.
- Demonstrated ability to make presentations that move people to action.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office including Word, Outlook, Access and Excel.
- Working knowledge of standard office equipment (personal computer/laptop, phone with voicemail, fax, copier, etc.) database applications and internet-based resources.
- Willing and able to use personal vehicle for local travel on Agency business; with valid NM driver’s license and proof of insurance.
- Able to work harmoniously with BBBS personnel, clients, volunteers and others.
- Demonstrate a collaborative leadership style.
- Demonstrated ability to work with community leaders from diverse cultures.
- Master’s degree in Business, Management and Leadership, Social Work, Psychology, Public Administration, or related field and 7 years of experience as the leader of an organization.
- Demonstrated success in private and public fundraising.
To learn more or apply for this position, contact Erica.firstname.lastname@example.org.