Location: Williamsburg, VA
Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Posting Deadline: May 10, 2017
Big Brothers Big Sisters of the Greater Virginia Peninsula (BBBSGVP) is seeking a full-time skilled program coordinator to fill our vacancy in our Williamsburg Headquarters. Big Brothers Big Sisters of the Greater Virginia Peninsula has roots dating back to 1979. Our mission is to provide children facing adversity with strong and enduring, professionally supported 1-to-1 relationships that change their lives for the better, forever. Our purpose is to offer a unique one-to-one relationship in which a volunteer provides guidance and friendship to a child living in an “at-risk” environment, where there is a need for an outside adult relationship. BBBSGVP believes that a positive association with an adult man or woman is most influential in helping a child become a happy, responsible adult. The staff stands ready at all times to assist in strengthening the friendship between the Big and the Little so that, working together, a child’s life is enriched.
The role of the Match Support Program Coordinator is providing match support to mentors, parents/guardians, and youth. To ensure child safety, positive youth impact, development of rapport and relationship building between youth and volunteers. The successful candidate will provide positive outcomes in the following areas: customer satisfaction, average match length, and match closure rate.
We are searching for individuals with:
- Bachelor’s degree in Youth Studies, Education, Social Work or related field.
- Training, public speaking, and coaching experience.
- Proven ability to build and maintain relationships; savvy networking skills; persuasive personality; entrepreneurial, with experience in initiating and sustaining collaborative efforts
- Well-organized, self-directed worker who can also thrive independently and in a team environment.
- Excellent written and oral communication, problem-solving, and interpersonal skills required.
- Must be able to work in a fast paced environment and balance multiple priorities.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, especially Excel and PowerPoint, with strong complimentary computer and online research skills.
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility and a commitment to the BBBSGVP’s mission.
- Must have valid VA Driver’s license, be able to transport training materials and travel within the Peninsula, as well as work off-hours (i.e. evenings and weekends) as needed.
- Pre-employment background check is required.
A successful candidate will have:
- Ability to conduct face-to-face interviews with volunteers, parents and youth.
- Ability to quickly learn new computer programs like our Agency Information Management (AIM) system.
- Capacity to develop and implement recruitment strategies.
- Warm and personable demeanor to do outreach and build partnerships to compliment the agency.
We are looking to find professionals who care about mentoring youth in the Virginia Peninsula. Our primary service area is Williamsburg, York County, Newport News and Hampton. If you feel that you can apply your skills to develop the best youth through one-on-one mentoring in the Virginia Peninsula, we encourage you to apply. Please submit your cover letter and resume via e-mail to Lisa Foster, email@example.com by mail 364 McLaws Circle, Suite 2, Williamsburg, VA 23185 or Fax 757.253.1673. BBBSGVP will be accepting resumes until May 10, 2017. Males are strongly encouraged to apply. Applicants MUST have a legally insured vehicle. Big Brothers Big Sisters is an Equal Opportunity Employer.