JOB TITLE: General Manager
REPORT TO: Chief Executive Officer
DATE REVISED: May 22, 2018
FLSA CLASSIFICATION: Exempt; salary
Status: regular, full-time
The General Manager is responsible for developing, planning, leading and overseeing the daily business of For the Kids Foundation in all aspects including, but not limited to: financial management, employee relations, external relations and customer service. Successfully complete other duties as assigned.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Promote the purpose of the organization and effectively implement the strategic goals and objectives
- Administer and monitor the annual budget, including handling day to day financial transactions
- Provides oversight of day-to-day operations
- Assures compliance with all licensing and regulatory requirements
- Hire, supervise, and develop For the Kids Foundation’s employees; ensure compliance with applicable employment laws and employee relations best practices
- Assists with training and professional develop of new and existing staff
- Fosters a culture that embraces collaboration, accountability, transparency, highest quality of service and cohesiveness
- Ensures evaluation of programs on a continual basis for effectiveness, client satisfaction as well as cultural diversity and competence
- Responsible for providing excellent customer service; remains professional, calm, courteous and helpful in resolving customers concerns
- Successfully complete other tasks and duties based on the needs of the business
KNOWELDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in business management or related field with at least 5 years of senior management experience preferred; a combination of experience and education will be considered.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; a persuasive and passionate communicator with excellent interpersonal and multidisciplinary project skills
- Track record of excellence in organizational management with the ability to coach staff, manage, and develop high-performance teams, set and achieve strategic objectives, and manage a budget
- Ability to engage a wide range of stakeholders and cultures, and demonstrated awareness of marketing and public relations
- Demonstrated commitment to customer service of both external and internal customers
- Have and maintain a clean Alaska driving record; must be able to safely drive cube vans in a variety of road and weather conditions
- Strong familiarity with the Anchorage, Eagle River, and Mat-Su area preferred but not required.
- Willingness to submit to a drug/alcohol test if required at any time; must be able to pass a drug / alcohol test.
- Action-oriented, entrepreneurial, adaptable, and demonstrated innovative approach to business planning.
- Ability to work effectively in collaboration with diverse groups of people and settings.
- Passion, idealism, integrity, and positive attitude with a mission-driven focus, and self-directed approach to work.
- Embraces collaboration, accountability, transparency, highest quality of service and cohesiveness.
- Ability to work as a member of a team and accept direction and coaching.
- Maintain a high record of attendance and punctuality.
- Ability to write and record information neatly and accurately.
REPORTING TO THIS POSITION:
For the Kids Foundation staff; some supervisory responsibilities may be delegated.
PHYSICAL AND ENVIRONMENTAL REQUIREMENTS:
- While performing duties of this job, would occasionally be required to stand, walk, sit, reach with hands and arms, climb or balance, stoop or kneel, talk and hear, and use fingers and hands to feel objects, tools or controls.
- Must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Work may be performed in inclement weather conditions.
- Job will generally be performed in an office environment, but may require travel to and from a client’s office or job site.
Any description of work is a picture of the major responsibilities of a position at a given point in time. Jobs are dynamic and assignments/priorities may change. The primary purpose of this description is to outline and communicate key tasks and expectations for the position. This description does not imply or create a contractual relationship. For the Kids Foundation is an at-will employer.
HOW TO APPLY:
To be considered for this opportunity, qualified applicants can send their letter of interest and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. This position is open until filled. However, applications, letters of interest and resumes will be reviewed on June 29, 2018.