Location: Prescott, Arizona
Contact Email: email@example.com
Yavapai Big Brothers Big Sisters, Inc in Prescott, Arizona is seeking a highly motivated, mission driven individual to fill a vacancy as our Fund Development & Marketing Director. As a Yavapai County leader among non-profits YBBBS is dedicated to improve the quality of community and family life in Yavapai County by offering one to one mentoring for children facing adversity.
The perfect candidate will possess a proven ability to convey the mission of the Agency to the general public in open forum, one-on-one asks and Legacy Gifts. This person, as a proven leader in Fund Development and Marketing, will demonstrate excellent communication, organizational, and leadership skills.
Reporting to our President/CEO the Major Gifts Officer will show a dedication and motivation to provide our donor base and future donors a clear picture of the successes of the mission while helping to pinpoint areas of opportunity for the overall improvement of the agency’s financial position and sustainability.
The Major Gifts Officer serves as the lead for agency fund development, assisting the Chief Executive Officer and Board of Directors in creating a multi-year plan for the revenue to support agency growth. The Major Gifts Officer executes the agency’s fund development plan that includes major gifts; annual giving; gift planning program; research, stewardship, marketing and communications. The Major Gifts Officer is responsible for identifying, qualifying, cultivating, and soliciting high level prospective donors to assist the agency in reaching budget goals. The Major Gifts Officer works closely with the Development Team consisting of a Community Outreach & Marketing Director , the Community Outreach & Special Events Coordinator and Fund Development Support to ensure alignment of the efforts around the Agency’s development plan.
Please respond by providing your resume and salary expectations to our President and CEO at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This opportunity requires a Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing or a related field of study and 5 years experience of strong fund development activities and experience in managing a team of dedicated individuals in the execution of events and day to day development activities. A team minded individual will offer the greatest chance for personal and agency success.
- Commitment to support, promote, and authentically communicate YBBBS mission and goals.
- Proven track record of successful fundraising, including demonstrated ability to meet or exceed fundraising or sales goals, increase donor engagement, and do the “ask” and “close” with donors and prospects.
- Demonstrated experience using effective interpersonal and customer service skills to build strong relationships with donors, volunteers, and all levels of staff.
- Self-directed with high level of energy, initiative, and problem-solving skills.
- Contact management experience, attention to detail, and strong organizational skills.
- Strong analytical and computer skills, including proficiency with Microsoft Office. Donor Perfect Online or other donor/sales-based database management experience.
- Demonstrated competency in writing and public speaking.
- Willingness and ability to travel (up to 30%) and work evenings and weekends as necessary.
The vetting begins when you send an email containing your resume, a cover letter and contact information to email@example.com