Location: Kalispell, MT
Reports to: Executive Director
Works in coordination with: Agency staff and volunteers
Hours per week: 40
Compensation: $14.00+ DOE and Benefits
Big Brothers Big Sisters of Flathead County
Our mission: to provide children facing adversity with strong and enduring, professionally supported 1-to-1 relationships that change their lives for the better, forever.
Ensure that volunteers and children are appropriately enrolled and matched while also providing match support to ensure child safety, positive impacts for youth, and the development of constructive and satisfying relationships between children and volunteers.
- Bachelors degree
- Excellent oral and written communication skills that reflect solid customer service
- Ability to effectively work with a team and maintain confidentiality through daily operations
- Ability to form appropriate assessment-based relationships in multicultural environments
- Ability to focus on details and use time effectively to collect meaningful data and draw solid conclusions
- Must have a car, valid driver’s license, and meet required auto insurance premiums
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office; including Word and Excel
- Highly motivated
- Experience with nonprofit and community-based organizations or community outreach
- Educational or professional experience in relationship management
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Assess volunteer “fit” to BBBS. Conduct volunteer enrollments, including: individual orientations, interviews, and completion of any other enrollment processes. Assess the necessity of home visits and complete as indicated
- Recruit volunteers and children
- Conduct client enrollments including parent/child interviews, child safety education and enrollment processes. Assess and refer families for alternative or additional services as needed
- Continually assess the match relationship focusing on: child safety, match relationship development, positive youth development and volunteer satisfaction. Real and/or potential problems and barriers are identified, addressed and resolved as early as possible. Match support is provided on a frequency according to agency standards
- Assess and provide for individual training needs, information and support needs for each match participant to assure a positive youth development experience for the child, and successful and satisfying experience for the volunteer
- Ensure high-level expertise in applying child safety and risk management knowledge, policies and procedures throughout all aspects of job function
- Develop strategic interventions to identify and strengthen match relationships that require extra support.
- Work with staff to develop, promote and implement individual and group match activities to support ongoing volunteer involvement with the child and agency
- Share with development and/or marketing staff potential partnership relationships as discovered through volunteers’ and parents’ employers and affiliations
- To ensure quality services and measurable outcomes, maintain accurate and timely records for each match according to standards and utilize technology to report, synthesize and analyze data
- Other duties as assigned
Email, or mail cover letter, resume, and at least 3 references to email@example.com. Resumes without cover letters will not be considered. Position will remain open until filled.