POSITION: MENTOR MANAGER
LOCATION: BIG BROTHERS BIG SISTERS PROGRAM
RESPONSIBLE TO: BBBS DIRECTOR
PAY GRADE: 4 / NON-EXEMPT
- A four-year degree in social work or human services.
- Experience in case management.
- Must have a working knowledge of referral agencies in Onondaga County that deal with youths and families, and an understanding of youths from 6 to 12 years of age.
- Ability to help facilitate cooperation between families and volunteers.
- Must be available for some weekend and evening work.
- Must have reliable transportation.
- Personal computer skills necessary.
- Conduct telephone inquiries and in-home interviews with families, children and volunteers.
- Participate in programs supporting the efforts of volunteers with their children (i.e.: group activities, volunteer support groups).
- Assist with families, children and volunteers as needed to assure a successful match.
- Make referrals to support agencies.
- Process and maintain all case records as required to ensure compliance with funding source(s).
- Participate in training programs that relate to specific position responsibilities.
- Maintain confidentiality of all volunteers/families.
- Adhere to relevant health and safety policies and procedures.
- Perform all other duties as required.
Applicants may send their resumes with a cover letter to our Director, John Bruzdzinski, at John.Bruzdzinski@peace-caa.org