Location: BIG BROTHERS / BIG SISTERS PROGRAM [Syracuse, NY]
Responsible to: BBBS DIRECTOR
Pay Grade: 4 /NON-EXEMPT
- A four-year degree in social work or human services.
- Experience in case management.
- Must have a working knowledge of referral agencies in Onondaga County that deal with youths and families, and an understanding of youths from 6 to 12 years of age.
- Ability to help facilitate cooperation between families and volunteers.
- Must be available for some weekend and evening work.
- Must have reliable transportation.
- Personal computer skills necessary.
1. Conduct telephone inquiries and in-home interviews with families, children and volunteers.
2. Participate in programs supporting the efforts of volunteers with their children (i.e.: group activities, volunteer support groups).
3. Assist with families, children and volunteers as needed to assure a successful match.
4. Make referrals to support agencies.
5. Process and maintain all case records as required to ensure compliance with funding source(s).
6. Participate in training programs that relate to specific position responsibilities.
7. Maintain confidentiality of all volunteers/families.
8. Adhere to relevant health and safety policies and procedures.
9. Perform all other duties as required.