Location: Charlotte, NC
Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Department: Community Based Programs
Reports To: Director of Programs
Job Code: Part -Time
Essential to the BBBS brand, the primary function of this position is to ensure that volunteers and children are appropriately enrolled, matched and supported utilizing BBBS standards and practices. Position is part-time with potential to migrate to full-time, based upon funding availability.
Through a partnership with Charlotte Mecklenburg Police Department (CMPD), the Bigs in Blue Program specifically focuses on matching officers with youth within their districts for one to one mentoring.
Performance Measures: The successful incumbent will produce positive outcomes in the following areas: volunteer yield and processing time; youth yield; youth/parent processing time, customer satisfaction match closure rate, match retention rate, average match length, volunteer rematch rate, and customer satisfaction. The Incumbent will support volunteers, parents, and children through contacts, events, and resources. The Program Coordinator is responsible for coordinating and implementing all aspects of the Bigs in Blue Program in conjunction with the Director of Programs.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Assess volunteer “fit” to BBBS. Conduct volunteer enrollments, including: individual/group orientations, interviews, and completion of any other enrollment processes. Assess the necessity of home visits and complete as indicated.
- Conduct client enrollments including parent/child interviews, child safety education and enrollment processes. Assess and refer families for alternative or additional services as needed.
- Ensure a high-level of proficiency and skill in applying child safety and risk management knowledge, policies and procedures throughout all aspects of job function. Identify child safety issues for volunteers, children and their families.
- Review and follow-up on references as necessary to gain additional data to complete the assessment process.
- Conduct volunteer and client reassessments/updates as indicated. Identify and eliminate any barriers interfering with the completion of the enrollment process.
- Review all enrollment information and assessments and make recommendations for participation in the program based on this information. Assess and apply factors contributing to successful match. Effectively align volunteer interests and qualifications with service options of agency. Consult with other service delivery staff and/or supervisor as appropriate.
- Provide comprehensive assessments and match support recommendations for volunteer and child participation in the program based upon assessments of each individual volunteer. Maintain accurate and timely records for each match according to standards and utilize technology to report, synthesize and analyze data.
- High degree of collaboration with community partners and other service delivery staff to ensure seamless service provision.
- Determine matches and facilitate match meetings. Accommodate volunteer and family schedules.
- Continually assess the match relationship focusing on: child safety, match relationship development, positive youth development and volunteer satisfaction. Real and/or potential problems and barriers are identified, addressed and resolved as early as possible. Match support is provided on a frequency according to BBBS.
- Assess and provide for individual training needs, information and support needs for each match participant to assure a positive youth development experience for the child, and successful and satisfying experience for the volunteer.
- Ensure high-level expertise in applying child safety and risk management knowledge, policies and procedures throughout all aspects of job function.
- Develop strategic interventions to identify and strengthen match relationships that require extra support to continue to grow.
- Develop, promote and implement individual and group match activities to support ongoing volunteer involvement with the child and agency affiliation through individualized recognition, annual events, and reengagement strategies.
- Effectively utilize SOR and YOS surveys to assess match impact on youth development.
- Conduct exit interview by phone or in person with all parties at match closure. Assess reasons for match closure and re-match potential. When match terminates pre-maturely or unexpectedly refer exit interview to supervisor for third party assessment.
- Share with development and/or marketing staff potential partnership relationships as discovered through volunteers’ and parents’ employers and affiliations.
- Identify and promote re-engagement of volunteers as Bigs, board members, and donors in other volunteer capacities.
- To ensure quality services and measurable outcomes, maintain accurate and timely records for each match according to standards and utilize technology to report, synthesize and analyze data.
- Consult with other service delivery staff, community partners and/or supervisor as appropriate.
(minimum & preferred educational requirements necessary to perform this job successfully)
Minimum Bachelor’s degree in social work, criminal justice or related field required.
Years of Related Work Experience:
(minimum & preferred related work experience necessary perform this job successfully)
Law enforcement experience preferred with a sensitivity to serving youth. Minimum two years social service experience working with families/youth. Must possess assessment and relationship development experience with child and adult populations; understanding of child development and family dynamics. Experience in and thorough understanding of mentoring, positive youth development and assets perspective. Must have car, valid driver’s license, and meet state required automobile insurance minimums.
Skills and Knowledge
|Proficiency in Microsoft Office; including Word, Outlook, and Excel.||X|
|Excellent oral and written communication skills reflecting solid customer service both in-person and telephone.||X|
|Ability to form and sustain appropriate child, adult volunteer-based relationships based on positive youth development and volunteer satisfaction.||X|
|Ability to effectively assess and execute the following relational support skills: guiding, supporting, confronting, advising and/or negotiating.||X|
|Ability to relate well in multicultural environments.||X|
|Ability to effectively collaborate with other volunteer match staff.||X|
|Ability to use time effectively.||X|
|Ability to focus on details.||X|
|Ability to collect meaningful data and draw solid conclusions.||X|
WORK ENVIRONMENT/PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
(describe any specific work place conditions and/or physical abilities that are related to and/or required by this job)
Must be comfortable with working with law enforcement. Routine office environment. Flexible work hours to meet customer needs with remote work option available.
The cover letter and resumes should be submitted to email@example.com