Location/Agency: Big Brothers Big Sisters of North Alabama (Huntsville)
Position: Program Director
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Bachelors Degree in Social Services, Human Development, Family Relations, Psychology or closely related field.
- Minimum of five years social service experience working with children and families (preferred).
- Minimum one year of experience in program or staff supervision.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and access to a car as needed.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Excellent interpersonal, writing and communication skills.
- Computer skills in word processing and data management. *Familiar with Microsoft Office suite.
- Maintain and retain highly confidential information.
- Ability to work under pressure/deadlines.
- Ability to work autonomously, as well as part of a team.
- Represent the Agency to the community in a highly professional manner.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Directly oversees match support personnel (paid staff, Vistas, interns, etc) in all aspects of child and volunteer intake, pre-match training, match support and documentation, and program services consistent with Agency policies and procedures.
- Reviews all volunteer and child program intake information prior to program acceptance to ensure compliance with Agency policies and procedures.
- Assist in conducting annual Big Brothers Big Sisters of America agency self-assessment process in the area of program services to ensure that the agency conforms to Big Brothers Big Sisters of America Standards of Operation.
- Prepares monthly program performance reports on service delivery for the CEO.
- Serves as an agency liaison with Big Brothers Big Sisters of America in all matters related to program services.
- Hires, trains, supervises and evaluates all program staff.
- In conjunction with the CEO, prepares program budgets.
- Participates in agency strategic planning processes.
- Serves as a staff liaison to the Program Committee of the Board of Director.
- Recommends changes in program policies to the CEO, if necessary.
- Oversees database of volunteers, matched children and waiting list children to ensure accuracy of information.
- Attends staff meetings
- Attends agency group events.
- Maintains caseload of matches or assists in enrollment procedures when needed.
- Participates in fund-raising events.
- Represents the Agency at assigned meetings in local communities.
- Perform other duties as required by CEO.
Salary range: Based on experience
Application instructions: Submit cover letter and resume to email@example.com
Application cutoff date: May 18, 2018