Agency: Big Brothers Big Sisters of North Alabama
Location: Huntsville, AL
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
Oversees all aspects of agency program service delivery. Responsible for ensuring that all agency programs are operated in a manner consistent with the agency’s mission, policies and procedures, Big Brothers Big Sisters of America Standards of Operation, and all insurance and grant requirements. Provides direct supervision, training and support to all Match Support personnel.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Directly oversees match support personnel (paid staff, Vistas, interns, etc) in all aspects of child and volunteer intake, pre-match training, match support and documentation, and program services consistent with Agency policies and procedures.
- Reviews all volunteer and child program intake information prior to program acceptance to ensure compliance with Agency policies and procedures.
- Assist in conducting annual Big Brothers Big Sisters of America agency self-assessment process in the area of program services to ensure that the agency conforms to Big Brothers Big Sisters of America Standards of Operation.
- Prepares monthly program performance reports on service delivery for the CEO.
- Serves as an agency liaison with Big Brothers Big Sisters of America in all matters related to program services.
- Hires, trains, supervises and evaluates all program staff.
- In conjunction with the CEO, prepares program budgets.
- Participates in agency strategic planning processes.
- Serves as a staff liaison to the Program Committee of the Board of Director.
- Recommends changes in program policies to the CEO, if necessary.
- Oversees database of volunteers, matched children and waiting list children to ensure accuracy of information.
- Attends staff meetings
- Attends agency group events.
- Maintains caseload of matches or assists in enrollment procedures when needed.
- Participates in fund-raising events.
- Represents the Agency at assigned meetings in local communities.
- Perform other duties as required by CEO.
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Social Services, Human Development, Family Relations, Psychology or closely related field.
- Minimum of five years social service experience working with children and families (preferred).
- Minimum one year of experience in program or staff supervision.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and access to a car as needed.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Excellent interpersonal, writing and communication skills.
- Computer skills in word processing and data management. *Familiar with Microsoft Office suite.
- Maintain and retain highly confidential information.
- Ability to work under pressure/deadlines.
- Ability to work autonomously, as well as part of a team.
- Represent the Agency to the community in a highly professional manner.
- Reports to CEO.
Salary is negotiable based on education and experience.
Resumes and cover letters should be submitted to Michelle Linville, CEO by September 22, 2017 via email at email@example.com