Location: San Rafael, CA
Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Salary: Commensurate with experience
- Education Level: Bachelor’s degree required. Master’s degree preferred.
- Years of Related Work Experience: 7-10 years of related work experience required with progressive management responsibilities, preferably at the senior management level. Experience in a culturally diverse organization within the youth development field a plus.
- BBBS Experience: Previous program management experience at a Big Brothers Big Sisters (AIM) affiliate is highly desirable.
- The PD establishes strategic direction for the program function, oversees program design and implementation to ensure achievement of annual goals and provides management and oversight to all aspects of program service delivery. S/he ensures collaboration and alignment with other internal departments and advocates for support from community partners.
- The candidate must be an adaptable, strategic, visionary leader with strong management skills and the capacity to successfully implement and lead multiple projects simultaneously.
- Hires, engages, develops, and holds program staff accountable to work efficiently and effectively, and to achieve individual and team goals while complying with local polices and national standards of practice. Regularly reviews program processes conducted by program staff members in order to provide coaching, identify areas of strength and opportunity, and consistently ensure that BBBS Standards of Practice, policies and procedures, and youth protection best practices, are in place.
- Provides ongoing training for program and agency staff as well as the Board of Directors pertaining to child safety and other identified areas (i.e. cultural competency, poverty).
- Leads program performance management practices through creation of reports (including statistical results), analysis of trends and issue. Presents this information to different audiences (ED, other agency staff, Board of Directors, community partners, and funders) as needed. Ensures the program component of the agency’s Annual Self-Assessment (required by BBBSA) is completed as required.
- Develops and enhances the agency’s customer-focused outreach efforts to ensure that the agency’s image, mission, values, and advocacy for children and youth are properly communicated to people throughout the service area. Leads communications across departments and within departments related to service delivery and customer service to enhance program implementation, communicate policy and assure compliance.
- Plans, leads and drives implementation of programs designed to increase and strengthen Big and Little match relationships and youth development. Manages critical service and workflow issues that are impacting the ability to provide quality services. Develops and implements new program initiatives to expand mentoring services or target community issues as directed or needed.
- Communicates to ED and Board of Directors on matters of program effectiveness, youth outcomes and child safety, while leading the Board’s Program Committee in establishing the annual program plan. Establishes and ensures a system for annual goal attainment, program performance management, quality assurance, and youth protection while ensuring the board-approved Program Manual is reviewed and updated, as needed.
- Ensures that that all systems required to track and report on program functions due for grant requirements are established and maintained as needed. Monitors and reports on progress toward goals for grants, identifies challenges and solutions to those challenges in a timely manner and keeps the Executive Director (ED) and Grantor informed.
- Develops and maintains positive working relationships with funders, community organizations, schools and business leaders to educate them regarding the agency’s mission, promote involvement in agency activities, and gain their support of the agency.
- Other duties as assigned.
All interested parties – please submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com.