Location: Roanoke, VA
Salary: 40,000.00 – $45,000.00 /year
Posting Deadline: May 21, 2017
Big Brothers Big Sisters of Southwest Virginia Team provides one to one mentoring services to youth facing adversity. The Director of Roanoke Program plays a key role in helping the organization succeed. We have a full time position available for an individual who seeks employment with a dynamic agency. The ideal candidate will have nonprofit experience including grant reporting, staff management and program management skills. Brief position description listed below; salary is in the $40s.
As Director of Programs in the Roanoke office you’ll perform a wide range of duties, including accountability for program performance, monitors operational effectiveness using work flow and tracking systems and gathers accurate information for reports. The Director must track performance of team members, develop measures to ensure growth and meets annual agency program goals.
- Bachelor’s Degree required (no exceptions), Master’s Degree preferred in the field of Human Service, Social Work or Counseling.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience managing professional staff in the human service field.
- Experience in youth development field a plus.
- Intermediate-level proficiency with technology
- Proven ability to work in a fast-paced, results-oriented, team environment
- Strong organization skills and the ability to prioritize multiple tasks
- Ability to take initiative, follow-through on requests until completion, and utilize a keen attention to detail
- Ability to pass a 7-year background investigation
- Preference will be given to applicants with Big Brothers Big Sisters experience
Ideal candidate will have nonprofit experience including grant reporting, staff management and program management skills. Position description available at www.bigslittles.org; salary is in the $40s. Pleases submit resume and cover letter.