Location: Englewood, CO
Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Date: March 2017
Responsible for the overall delivery of program services including: marketing efforts, recruitment of volunteers, assisting in the development of new programs, and developing significant community partnerships, meeting program goals including quality metrics, managing and supporting assigned staff, responsible for risk management and compliance with National and BBBSC standards as they relate to program service delivery.
As an organization dedicated to inclusiveness, BBBSC values and celebrates the diversity and individuality of every child, volunteer, employee, board member, family and community partner.
- Ensure that program services are in adherence with standards for risk management and quality control, as well as with National Standards and BBBSC policy and procedures. Ensure that all documentation and other records are in compliance.
- Lead, motivate and develop program staff so that is committed to working effectively toward continual improvement. Ensure the organization has the caliber of staff with skills appropriate to the needs of the position with the ability to positively impact agency objectives.
- Hires, engages, develops and holds staff accountable to work efficiently and effectively and to achieve individual and department goals while complying with all national standards. Establishes and ensures a system and culture of continuous program staff learning and development.
- Supervises program specialists in duties related to the program department, provides supervision, support, for Community and/or Site Based programs as assigned.
- Responsible for the delivery and implementation of all procedures and practices relating to enrollment and match support within all programs, in order to achieve the goals and objectives of the organization.
- Manages workflow from enrollment through closure including file approvals, recommending rejections and closures within compliance of agency standards and policies.
- Manages and accountable for program performance. Monitors operational effectiveness using work flow and tracking systems i.e. AIM, stats, metrics, other data, gather accurate information for reports, tracks performance & develops measures to ensure growth.
- Participates in setting program goals and then meet the agreed upon goals.
- Manages critical services and workflow issues. Develops and implements new programs initiatives to expand mentoring services or target community issues as needed.
- Communicates with Executive Director on matters of program, effectiveness, youth outcomes and child safety. Establishes and ensures a system for quality assurance and youth protection.
- Participates, plans, leads, and drives implementation of programs designed to increase and strengthen BBBS Big and Little match relationships, including youth development mentoring initiatives.
- Communicates across departments and within departments related to service delivery and customer service to enhance program implementation, communicate policy and assure BBBSA compliance.
- Ensures agency program staff maintains a high level of professionalism, efficiency, excellent customer service within enrollment, match support and all aspects of program.
- Participate in safety trainings and other committees as appropriate.
- Establish significant relationships with community partners such as corporate, business and schools, etc. for the purpose of volunteer recruitment, public awareness and fundraising opportunities.
- Supports and maintains external partnerships as assigned.
- Attend all required staff, committee and board meetings and maintain positive relations with the community. Act as liaison with BBBSC program leadership staff.
- Provide assistance with implementation of special events.
- Participate in the community speaker’s bureau to help present BBBS in a positive manner to the community at large.
- Ensures that staff planned match activities are properly staffed and managed.
- Reviews and provides input regarding case notes and documentation to ensure compliance with agency Program Manual.
- Identifies those issues (clinical and organizational) which need to be referred to upper management for review.
- Promotes full participation of staff in agency activities and provides a sense of teamwork with other departments of the organization.
- Assumes other program responsibilities as needed.
Supervision of assigned program staff.
Knowledge, Skill And Ability:
Excellent public speaking skills.
Knowledge of risk management.
Ability to develop positive working relationships with the community.
Education Or Formal Training:
Minimum BA or BS degree, emphasis in human services preferred.
Minimum three years of middle-management level experience required in the following areas: program management, staff supervision, hiring and training, strategic planning, data management and human services operations.
Material And Equipment Directly Used:
All office related equipment.
Working Environment/Physical Activities:
Ability to transport self and event supplies as necessary for job function.
- Adhere to all personnel guidelines of the agency.
- Maintain professional standards of performance, demeanor, and appearance at all times; act as a “role Model” both at and away from the agency.
- Maintain a creative, team-building approach to job performance and seek to bring a constructive, problem-solving orientation to all tasks.
- Perform all tasks and responsibilities with attention to detail and in a complete and timely manner, complying with agency guidelines and conforming to the scheduling requirements of the job and program.
- Maintain an awareness of the agency’s mission and work to promote the positive individual and social change goals it embodies.
- Exercise discretion and professional judgment at all times keeping with the responsibilities carried personally and by the agency for the care and welfare of the clients; act with honesty and integrity in all aspects of Agency business.
- Actively strive to upgrade professional skills though engaging tin appropriate professional training and experience.
- Actively strive to create and maintain a culturally sensitive and appropriate environment through communication and interaction that demonstrates respect for diversity.
Equal Employment Opportunity
BBBSC strives to make all personnel decisions without regard to race, creed, age, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, gender, gender expression, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran status, disability, arrest record, or any other protected class as required by applicable law. All employees are expected to actively support these principles and objectives in our work environment and with others with whom we come into contact.
Please submit cover letter and resume to email@example.com by NOON on March 16, 2017. NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE.
This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities or qualifications associated with the job. Other duties as assigned based on the changing needs and priorities of the agency.