Location: Sycamore Ave, Islandia, NY
Contact Email: email@example.com
Salary: We offer competitive salary, benefit package including medical, dental, life insurance and generous paid time off. The salary will be commensurate with experience plus includes a company car.
The Recruitment Specialist is responsible for the recruitment of Big Brothers and Big Sisters volunteers (Bigs) and children (Littles) throughout Long Island for our mentoring program. She/he will develop, implement and assess recruitment goals and comprehensive year-round recruitment plans and tactics for Bigs and Littles. She/he is responsible for securing Big and Little participation and community partnerships through community cultivation, lead generation and follow-up.
- Aptitude for, and interest in, recruiting and sales, with a willingness to learn, Prior recruiting and/or sales experience is a plus
- Strong Social Media experience
- Proven oral and written communication abilities with an emphasis on active listening and public presentation skills; able to communicate effectively with a diverse group of prospects, customers, volunteers and staff
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, and Excel) is essential;
- Self-starter who can work independently and takes initiative; is flexible, adaptable, organized and has a strong attention to detail
- Able to work a flexible schedule, including nights and weekends on a regular basis
- Frequent travel is required. Must have a valid driver’s license.
- Work with the Director of Services to develop, assess and revise annual recruitment goals,
- Develop and implement year-round recruitment plans for volunteer and girl membership growth, using market and population data, membership trends and other pertinent information.
- Build awareness of Big Brothers Big Sisters of LI through presentations, speaking engagements, in-person meetings and networking with schools/educators, community organizations, corporations, faith-based institutions and other appropriate groups. Join, and become an active member in, professional networking groups as directed by the Director of Services
- Plan and deliver effective and consistent recruiting events.
Please submit cover letter, including salary history and requirements, and resume via mail, email or fax to:
Director of Human Resources
145 Sycamore Avenue
Islandia, NY 11749