The RSVP Program Director oversees the Corporation for National and Community Service (CNCS) program policy guidelines and has full-time responsibility for the development and operation of the Retired and Senior Volunteer Programs; in coordination with the Big Brothers Big Sisters of Tampa Bay program and Senior Program Advisory Council. The RSVP Program Director is responsible for the daily management of the RSVP Program. The RSVP Program Director functions as a working project manager, actively involved in the community organizations, school partners and RSVP Volunteers. The RSVP Project Director may participate in activities to coordinate RSVP program resources with those of related local agencies, boards, or organizations. In addition, but not limited to, the RSVP Program Director will plan and help develop all phases of BBBSTB RSVP program; Assist with the hiring, training, and supervising of adequate RSVP staff to efficiently carry out, maintain, and develop RSVP program; Develop and implement RSVP volunteer recruitment and outreach plan that includes – among others – grass roots, corporate, collegiate and community sales, recruitment and outreach activities.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Services or related field required. Training and/or experience working with those over 55 years of age preferred.
- Knowledge and experience working within Sumter County;
- The candidate must have five years of experience, preferably in the nonprofit sector, to include significant supervision and/or leadership, process management, grants management and/or quality improvement.
- Interpersonal communications skills and public speaking experience
- Experience in grants management preferred.
- Demonstrated technology skills will be expected to include Microsoft Office software and data base management.
How to Apply
Forward resumes to: Careers@bbbstampbay.org