Agency: Big Brothers Big Sisters of Alaska
Location: Anchorage, AK
Position title: Sync & McLaughlin Youth Center Program Coordinator
This position is responsible for coordinating and marketing our Anchorage and Mat-Su Sync (Foster Care) and MYC (McLaughlin Youth Center) mentoring programs. This includes volunteer recruitment, youth outreach, implementation of the volunteer and youth enrollment and matching process, and providing match support for MYC matches. This position also includes assisting with planning and managing expenses within the Sync grant budget and completing quarterly grant reports.
- Recruit potential volunteer mentors and youth.
- Assess volunteer “fit” to BBBS. Conduct volunteer enrollments, including: individual orientations, interviews, and completion of any other enrollment processes. Determine if home visit is necessary and complete as indicated.
- Conduct youth enrollments, including: youth interviews, child safety education and enrollment processes. Assess and refer families for alternative or additional services as needed.
- Identify child safety issues for volunteers, youth and their families.
- Ensure high-level proficiency in applying child safety and risk management knowledge, policies and procedures throughout all aspects of job function. .
- Review all enrollment information and assessments and make recommendations for participation in the program based on this information. Assess and apply factors contributing to successful match and effectively align volunteer interests and qualifications with service options of agency.
- Provide comprehensive assessments and match support recommendations for volunteer and youth participation in the program based upon assessments of each individual volunteer. Maintain accurate and timely records for each participant according to standards.
- Determine matches and facilitate match meetings in accordance with volunteer and youth schedules.
- Through scheduled in-person, telephone, and electronic contact, ascertain that the elements of child safety, match relationship development, positive youth development and volunteer satisfaction are fulfilled and that potential problems and barriers are identified and addressed as early as possible. Match support is provided on a frequency according to BBBS Standards, at a minimum.
- Work with the Office of Children’s Services (OCS) & MYC Liaisons to coordinate program logistics (child interviews, match meetings, in-person contacts, etc).
- Cultivate and maintain a positive working relationship with OCS & MYC staff.
- With Chief Financial Officer, plan and manage expenses within the Sync budget.
- Provide information to the Vice President of Programs for completion of quarterly Sync grant reports.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree required, preferably social work or human services
- Experience working with youth in the Foster Care and/or Juvenile Justice systems.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills reflecting solid customer service both in-person and via the telephone.
- Ability to relate well in diverse environments.
- Proficiency with Microsoft OFFICE and Google Drive.
- Flexible work hours to meet customer needs.
- Ability to sit in meetings and to work effectively using a computer for long periods of time.
- Must have car, valid driver’s license, and meet state required automobile insurance minimums.
Salary range: Starts at $18/hour, 37.5 hours/week.
Application instructions: Send a cover letter and resume to Trina Resari-Salao, Vice President of Programs, at firstname.lastname@example.org