Position Title: Vice President of Programs
Overtime Status: Exempt
Location: BBBS Miami
Reports To: President & CEO
Number of People Supervised: 4-5
HIRING COMPANY DESCRIPTION
Prominent not for profit, youth development organization, with a significant track record in serving thousands of youth in Miami Dade County. Dynamic, corporate Board of Director’s sets strategic direction, develops key partnerships and leads resource development efforts. A diverse, caring, talented and committed staff work in a warm, fast-paced, flexible, performance based environment.
HIRING COMPANY VISION
All children achieve success in life.
HIRING COMPANY MISSION
Provide children facing adversity with strong and enduring, professionally supported one-on-one relationships that change their lives for the better, forever.
Responsible for overall quality & capacity building Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) of all program direct services through an ongoing process of program & staff development, supervision, monitoring, and evaluation. Responsible for developing programs aligned with the organization’s vision, mission & strategic plan. Assist with the program orientation & development of Board members. Key member of management team.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (IN PRIORITY ORDER)
- Responsible for achievement of annual service goals, objectives and metrics for the 1:1 mentoring programming and the Group Engagement and Mentoring (GEM) program while always ensuring child safety.
- Responsible for overall strategy and execution of programs and remaining in full compliance with all funding sources.
- Responsible for the guidance, supervision, and growth of all Program Directors to provide ongoing quality assurance of program, including conducting file audits of agency caseload on a regular monthly basis to insure adherence to program service policies and procedures. Management by Walking Around (MBWA) is critical.
- Meet regularly with program management team to discuss ongoing service & caseload management issues and to review acceptance of volunteer and child applicants. Oversee overall accountability of program staff.
- Responsible for the strategic development and implementation of outreach efforts for volunteers, families, and children.
- Meet with the President & CEO regularly to discuss service delivery progress and performance management.
- Oversee an accurate & efficient system of program service reporting, including annual reports, file audit, and monthly, quarterly, semi-annual and annual statistics to reflect program impact and staff accountability. Report and interpret data to the President & CEO on a regular basis and monthly to the Board.
- Responsible for the development and implementation of volunteer and staff development/training programs.
- Assist President & CEO and/or designee in the development and implementation of new programs, and with all funding/grant applications.
- Assist President & CEO and the Senior Management team with the overall strategic planning for the organization.
- Actively participate in national or other professional meetings to ensure relevancy and knowledge of best practices in the field.
- Collaborate and assist in the development of strategic partnerships by participating in community-building activities, serving on advisory councils and building solid program partnerships in the community.
- Provide assistance to CCE with technical support, training services, etc.
- Participate in public speaking engagements as needed and with agency’s fundraising efforts by showcasing program needs and assets.
- Prepare performance evaluations of staff in a timely manner.
- Perform other Agency related duties as assigned by President.
EDUCATION LEVEL AND REQUISITE SKILLS (MINIMUM & PREFERRED EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS NECESSARY TO PERFORM THIS JOB SUCCESSFULLY)
- An adequate knowledge of community based non-profits, principles and methods, and an ability to use this knowledge effectively in meeting business KPIs and meeting all deadlines.
- An ability to establish positive staff and professional relationships.
- Administrative, organizational and leadership ability.
- The minimum educational qualifications shall include graduation from an accredited college or university with a Bachelor’s Degree in Education, Business, or related discipline. The Vice President of Programs should have completed a successful working experience in the human service field or in a social service agency under adequate supervision and should have a minimum of ten years’ experience business/education including supervision of professional staff.
- Bilingual in Spanish and/or Creole is a plus
YEARS OF RELATED WORK EXPERIENCE: 5 YEARS IN BUSINESS, EDUCATION OR RELATED FIELD (MINIMUM & PREFERRED RELATED WORK EXPERIENCE NECESSARY PERFORM THIS JOB SUCCESSFULLY)
Routine office environment with flexible work hours to meet customer needs. Reliable transportation is required to travel to local communities and neighborhoods, Some evening/Saturday hours required.
TRAVEL REQUIREMENTS (LIST AS A % OF TOTAL WORK TIME)
WORK ENVIRONMENT/PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS (DESCRIBE ANY SPECIFIC WORK PLACE CONDITIONS AND/OR PHYSICAL ABILITIES THAT ARE RELATED TO AND/OR REQUIRED BY THIS JOB)
Stationary Position: Must be able to remain in a stationary position at least 50% of the time
Traverse: Must be able to move about the inside of the office Communicate Must be able to exchange accurate communication
Operate: Must be able to operate office productivity machinery (i.e. computer, copier etc.)
Lift: Must be able to lift office equipment up to 25 pounds
Equal Employment Opportunity
BBBS of Miami provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals without regard to race, creed, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, or non-disqualifying physical or mental handicap or disability, or any other federal, state of local protected class.
Americans with Disabilities Act
Applicants as well as employees who are or become disabled must be able to perform the essential duties & responsibilities either unaided or with reasonable accommodation. The organization shall determine reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis in accordance with applicable law.
The above statements reflect the general duties, responsibilities and competencies considered necessary to perform the essential duties & responsibilities of the job and should not be considered as a detailed description of all the work requirements of the position. BBBS of Miami may change the specific job duties with or without prior notice based on the needs of the organization.
Big Brothers Big Sisters is committed to being a drug-free employer. Although some State/Local Laws permit the use and possession of marijuana for both medical purposes and recreational use, Federal Law does not. Where the State Law and Federal Law differs, Big Brothers Big Sisters of Miami will typically comply with Federal Law and that is our position regarding marijuana. Following Federal Law, an in the absence of State/Local Law to the contrary, Big Brothers Big Sister of Miami considers marijuana to be an illegal drug for the purposes of our policies. Therefore, the legalization of marijuana does not affect Big Brothers Big Sisters of Miami rights to enforce our drug and alcohol policies, including our drug testing policies. Testing positive for marijuana may result in disciplinary action, up to and including termination of your employment.
Applicants please send resumes with a cover letter to Mr. Gale Nelson at firstname.lastname@example.org.