Title: Vice President of Programs
Location: Nashville, TN
Contact Email: email@example.com
Salary range: Open
Posting: 30 days
BBBS Middle Tennessee is seeking a Vice President of Programs. The Vice President of Programs ensures match growth, match retention and match length goals are met through leadership of recruitment, enrollment, match and retention functions. This position is responsible for overall quality and capacity building of agency direct services through an ongoing process of program & staff development, supervision, monitoring, and evaluation of service staff. Generally, this position is responsible for developing programs in concert with the organization’s vision, mission and strategic plan.
The VP of Programs directly supervises all members of the Program Leadership Team, currently including: Director of Retired Seniors Volunteer Program, Director of Site-Based Mentoring, Director of Customer Relations, Enrollment, and Matching, Director of Match Support, Director of Quality Assurance and Reporting and Director of Grants.
- Bachelor’s degree in social work or related field required; Graduate degree preferred
- Five or more years of progressive experience in a highly collaborative, non-profit environment
- Understanding of issues/barriers that impact children and families from underserved populations
- Four or more years of experience supervising staff
- Experience in project and/or volunteer management in a field related to social work, social services, or community relations preferred
- Must have willingness to and experience with facilitating trainings and presenting to groups of people
- Ability to work from main office but travel consistently to and from sites, satellite office, and other community meetings
- Passion for mission and desire to learn and grow professionally required
- Access to reliable automobile, valid driver’s license, auto insurance required
- Plan, lead and implement programs designed to recruit volunteers and children
- Ensure that the agency is in compliance with BBBS national standards and other expectations as outlined in grant and other funding requirements
- Manage organizational effectiveness
- Manage enrollment, match and other programs
- Provide oversight of data management systems
- Collaborate with recruitment staff to ensure an on-going pool of appropriate volunteer
- Oversee the development and implementation of new programs
- Oversee the hiring and onboarding of all new program staff
- Responsible for overall quality assurance of program
- Assist with efforts to promote agency growth and success
- Oversee development and implementation of volunteer and staff training
- Complete annual assessment, required by BBBS of America
- Conduct and/or oversee child safety training
- Other duties as assigned to meet the needs of the organization
Work Environment/Physical Requirements:
Routine office environment. Flexible work hours to meet customer needs. When home visits are indicated, must travel to local communities and neighborhoods.
Equal Employment Opportunity
BBBSMT provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals without regard to race, creed, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, or non-disqualifying physical or mental handicap or disability.
Send your cover letter, resume and salary history to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please.