Agency: Big Brothers Big Sisters of Northeast Iowa
Location: Waterloo, IA
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
Big Brothers Big Sisters of Northeast Iowa seeks a full-time candidate for the position of Vice President of Programs. The Vice President of Programs ensures match growth, match retention and match length goals are met through leadership of recruitment, enrollment, match and retention functions. This position is responsible for overall quality and capacity building of agency direct services through an ongoing process of program & staff development, supervision, monitoring, and evaluation of service staff. Generally, this position is responsible for developing programs in concert with the organization’s vision, mission and strategic plan. The Vice President of Programs directly supervises all members of the Program Leadership Team as well as the Enrollment staff.
- Bachelor’s degree in social work or related field required; Graduate degree preferred
- Five or more years of progressive experience in a highly collaborative, non-profit environment
- Understanding of issues/barriers that impact children and families from underserved populations
- Four or more years of experience supervising staff
- Experience in project and/or volunteer management in a field related to social work, social services, or community relations preferred
- Must have willingness to and experience with facilitating trainings and presenting to groups of people
- Ability to work from main office but travel consistently to and from sites, satellite offices, and other community meetings
- Passion for mission and desire to learn and grow professionally required
- Access to reliable automobile, valid driver’s license, auto insurance required
- Plan, lead and implement programs designed to recruit volunteers and children
- Ensure that the agency is in compliance with BBBS national standards and other expectations as outlined in grant and other funding requirements
- Manage organizational effectiveness.
- Anticipate staff needs and rally team support around staff members running into challenges immediately
- Manage enrollment, match and other programs
- Provide oversight of data management systems
- Collaborate with recruitment staff to ensure an on-going pool of appropriate volunteer mentors
- Oversee the development and implementation of new programs
- Oversee the hiring and onboarding of all new program staff
- Responsible for overall quality assurance of program
- Assist with efforts to promote agency growth and success
- Oversee development and implementation of volunteer and staff training
- Complete annual assessment, required by BBBS of America
- Conduct and/or oversee child safety training
- Other duties as assigned to meet the needs of the organization
WORK ENVIRONMENT/PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
Routine office environment. Flexible work hours to meet customer needs.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY:
Big Brothers Big Sisters of Northeast Iowa provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals without regard to race, creed, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, or non-disqualifying physical or mental handicap or disability.
The starting annual salary range for this position is $35,000-$45,000, based on experience. Generous benefits package also included. To apply, please send a cover letter, resume and the names and contact information of three professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org or Big Brothers Big Sisters of Northeast Iowa, 2530 University Ave #8, Waterloo, IA 50701. The deadline to apply is Monday, September 25, 2017. No walk-ins or phone calls please.