Reports To: Managing Director, Site Based Programs
FLSA Status: Exempt
Big Brothers Big Sisters of Metropolitan Chicago (BBBSMC) helps children reach their potential through professionally supported, one-to-one relationships with caring adult volunteers. BBBSMC is seeking a professional Volunteer Recruitment Specialist for Site Based Programs (SB) with a strong and proven background in recruitment. The Volunteer Recruitment Specialist, SB Programs, is responsible for the recruitment of volunteers and children throughout Cook County, DuPage County, Lake County, IL and Lake County, IN for the BBBSMC Site Based mentoring program. The incumbent in this role will develop, implement and assess recruitment goals and comprehensive year-round recruitment plans and tactics for Bigs and Littles to meet the annual Site Based match goal.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
The Volunteer Recruitment Specialist (SB) is responsible for securing Big and Little participation and community partnerships through community cultivation, lead generation, and follow-up. She/he will develop and implement short and long-term recruitment plans for targeting volunteers and youth to ensure an optimal balance of geographic and demographic factors.
- Actively represent the agency at community events, outreach opportunities, information sessions and other activities that increase awareness of agency mission and volunteer needs.
- Create and implement a volunteer recruitment strategy that includes community and corporate outreach efforts to obtain mentors and youth to meet annual match goals in the Site Based mentoring program.
- Create and implement a targeted outreach plan for youth and families to ensure that all volunteers in process are matched.
- Adeptly adjust efforts to effectively balance volunteer recruitment or youth outreach needs by program specific, geographic and demographic factors.
- Effectively engage existing volunteers in recruitment efforts, including Board of Directors.
- Research, identify and cultivate potential sources for Site Based volunteers including but not limited to college/universities, government agencies, corporations, churches, social organizations, non-profit agencies, law enforcement groups and professional organizations.
- Cultivate long-term sustaining relationships with organizations, and other community partners through effective stewardship and communications.
- Research and identify informal communication networks with current volunteers and partners that will reach underrepresented groups with the goal of increasing volunteer participation.
- Lead training sessions for volunteer mentors.
- Meet annual and monthly goals for securing new partnerships, number of potential volunteer inquiries, matches made and outreach events attended.
- Track and evaluate results of recruitment and outreach efforts. Provide weekly, monthly, and quarterly progress reports for both volunteer recruitment and youth outreach efforts and forecast returns on upcoming efforts.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Qualifications, Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree with an emphasis in communication, business and/or marketing and sales preferred.
- Three to five years of proven experience in recruiting, customer service, sales or grassroots campaigns.
- Demonstrated success in sales or recruitment with proven ability to meet quantitative goals on a monthly basis.
- Persuasive written and face-to-face verbal communication skills.
- Highly motivated and self-driven to meet goals.
- Proven oral and written communication abilities with an emphasis on active listening and public presentation skills; able to facilitate presentations to varying-sized groups.
- Ability to effectively communicate program mission and volunteer needs to various constituents.
- Strong interpersonal and relationship-building skills with proven ability to work with diverse populations.
- Ability to use data analysis to identify solutions; proficient skills in information gathering, reporting, and data analysis.
- Ability to think strategically to create effective short and long term plans to reach agency goals.
- Self-starter who can work independently and takes initiative; is flexible, adaptable, organized and has a strong attention to detail.
- Able to work a flexible schedule, including evenings and weekends on a regular basis.
- Frequent travel is required. Must have a car, valid driver’s license and insurance. Willing to drive to off-site assignments in Cook County, DuPage County, Lake County, IL and Lake County, IN.
This position operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
If interested in applying, please forward your resume, cover letter and salary requirements to: bbbschgo.org
Big Brothers Big Sisters of Metropolitan Chicago
Attn: Human Resources
560 W. Lake St., 5th Floor
Chicago, IL 60661
Equal Opportunity Employer