Location: St. Louis, MO
Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Salary: $28,000 -$34,000
The primary purpose of this position is to work in conjunction with the enrollment team to ensure great customer service from point of intake to match. Requires high attention to detail, strong customer service and organizational skills
Responsible for contributing to Agency target of 426 new volunteers being matched with Littles each year by managing the volunteer pipeline to ensure results, which includes processing volunteers from application to interview in 10 days.
Scheduling of volunteers:
- Inquiries and applications are entered within 24 hours of being received.
- Calls/emails are made to all new inquiries or applicants within 24 hours
- Ensure volunteer interviewers slots are fully booked each week
Work with the volunteer recruitment department to anticipate new applications and respond accordingly to new volunteer sources. Attend events, when necessary.
- Present volunteer and child profiles for match acceptance.
- Demonstrate a high level of proficiency and skill in applying child safety and endurance knowledge when scheduling match introductions.
- Customer Service – Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers; gets first hand customer information and uses it for improvements in products and services; talks and acts with customers in mind; establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect. Builds appropriate rapport; listens; builds constructive and effective relationships; uses diplomacy and tact; truly values people.
- Time Management – Uses his/her time and the time of others effectively and efficiently; sets priorities; executes tasks while balancing important vs. urgent needs.
- Process Management –Good at figuring out the processes necessary to get things done; knows how to organize people and activities; understands how to separate and combine tasks into efficient work flow; knows what to measure and how to measure it; can see opportunities for synergy and integration where others can’t; can simply complex processes; gets more out of fewer resources.
- Perseverance – Pursues everything with energy, drive and a need to finish; seldom gives up before finishing, especially in the face of resistance or setbacks
- Accountable – We rise above our individual circumstances and demonstrate the ownership necessary to achieve desired results. We live “above the line”, not “below the line”. We don’t make excuses for our shortcomings like “I didn’t know”, “that’s not my job”, “No one told me”, “I didn’t understand”, etc. We practice the four step accountable process of (1) SEE IT. (2) OWN IT. (3) SOLVE IT. (4) DO IT.
- Adaptable – We are always open to change so our organization can respond quickly to a problem or opportunity. We understand that standing still or protecting the status quo is not a viable option. We are willing to jump in and make things happen. We focus on impact, use data, quantitative and qualitative, to make decisions, as close to the issue, as possible. We understand that with each change there are new opportunities to improve our services AND advance our careers.
- Coachable – We are capable of listening, willing to take constructive feedback and make the necessary changes to be more efficient and effective.
- Confident – We approach our work with confidence giving our many audiences, internal and external, assurance that our brand and outcomes are worth the investment of their time, talent and treasure. We demonstrate our professionalism through our thoughtful work, professional appearance and clear and consistent communication. We regularly, formally and informally, communicate our successes and challenges, not only to our teams and supervisors but with others inside and outside the agency who may be of assistance. We know that EVERYONE is available to assist. We “communicate” with others in ways that can be “heard” and we understand the value of closing the loop in conversations. We also know how to apologize when necessary.
- Resilient –We are always determined to deliver the very best product/program/service AND reach our goals. We are hard workers. We understand that we must “study our craft” (i.e. read book and articles, attend learning opportunities provided by the agency, seek out mentors) if we are going to maintain the highest program standards and grow professionally within a high performing agency. When we are knocked down, we focus on the positive, get back up and rebuild.
- Supportive – We recognize that life can throw you a curve ball and some days are tougher than others. We are here to support each other, our Bigs, Littles and families on those days and in those moments. We believe in teamwork– in fact, our 4:1+1 model is a team model. We work hard together, find time to enjoy each other and celebrate our accomplishments, especially those where we have triumphed over great challenges and uncertainty.
Education & Related Work Experience
Education Level: Bachelor’s Degree Required
Related Work Experience: 1-2 years of related work experience required
Work Environment/Physical Requirements
Routine office environment. Flexible work hours to meet customer needs. When home visits are indicated, must travel to local communities and neighborhoods.
FLSA – Non Exempt
Equal Employment Opportunity
BBBSEMO provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals without regard to race, creed, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, or non-disqualifying physical or mental handicap or disability.
Send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com. No in-person or phone applications will be accepted. Please do not call or inquire in person.