Big Brothers Big Sisters of America is recruiting for a VP, Development to support our Fund Development department. This position is working for the National Office located in Tampa, FL. The ideal candidate should have previous experience supervising staff, strong and proven success in Fundraising background, and ability to provide consistent growth in revenue. This role requires a high level of professionalism, communication skill, enthusiasm, and adaptability.
The VP, Development will create and foster a fundraising strategy that positions the National Office to identify prospects and develop relationships that directly results in significant individual gifts and corporate partnerships.
This position requires a Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of 7 years of non-profit fundraising experience. Experience with an affiliated model is strongly preferred. The successful candidate should be able to provide examples of successful fundraising strategy and increase an in revenue. This position is a supervisory role and requires experience managing and leading staff.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Aligns the organization’s revenue plan to the BBBSA Strategic Plan.
- Responsible for delivering an annual BBBSA revenue goal as well as building a sustainable income base for the BBBS network.
- Manages and develops portfolio of corporate donors and corporate prospects.
- Evaluates and recommends short- and long- range fund development plans and programs that support an affiliated model.
- Helps develop a balanced mix of donor sources and solicitation programs tailored to the needs of the organization that will enable it to attract, retain, and motivate donors and fund development staff.
- Provides support to the CEO in her role as chief fundraiser.
- Ensures fulfillment of Fund Development Department roles and facilitates optimum interaction with donors.
- Other duties as assigned.
Equal Employment Opportunity
BBBSA provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals without regard to race, creed, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, disability, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law.
Americans with Disabilities Act
Employee must be able to perform all essential job functions, with or without reasonable accommodation.
The above statements reflect the general duties, responsibilities and competencies considered necessary to perform the essential duties and responsibilities of the job and should not be considered as a detailed description of all the work requirements of the position. BBBSA may change the specific job duties with or without prior notice based on the needs of the organization.
This job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification, it is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to the job.
Interested applicants should use click HERE to apply.