Big Brothers Big Sisters needs YOU.
Big Brothers Big Sisters receives 42% of our funding from private donations. Support from individuals like you is vital to provide mentors for children in your community.
And we know they need them. It isn’t easy being a kid these days. In these complex and confusing times, children need a caring adult to be a mentor and a friend — someone they can talk to, have fun with, and learn from.
Research shows that our mentoring works. Kids with a Big Brother or Big Sister show real differences in their personal and academic lives. They are:
- More confident in their schoolwork performance
- Able to get along better with their families
- 52% less likely to skip school. 1
Your donation will be used to:
- Help recruit new Big Brother and Big Sister volunteers
- Cover the costs of background checks and insurance, while ensuring trained professionals match children to caring and responsible Bigs
- Offer one-on-one, ongoing supervision and support for every match
- Provide cultural and social activities to enrich the opportunities for children
Your donation goes to your community. When you make a gift to Big Brothers Big Sisters, you directly support children in your community.
No matter how much you give, your contribution will improve the lives of young people in your community. Your donation will help them meet the challenges of growing up into happy, confident young adults.
Donate to Big Brother Big Sisters »
1 Tierney, J.P., Grossman, J.B., and Resch, N.L. (1995) Making a Difference: An Impact Study of Big Brothers Big Sisters. Philadelphia: Public/Private Ventures