Big Brothers Big Sisters of America is recruiting for a Federal Grant Staff Accountant to support our Federal Grants Department. This position is working for the National Office located in Tampa, FL.
This position requires a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related field with at least 2 years of accounting or equivalent experience. Successful candidates should be detail-oriented, adaptable, and professional.
Below is a list of some the essential duties of the role, but it is not a comprehensive list of all duties or expectations for this role.
The Federal Grant Staff Accountant is responsible for processing monthly expense reimbursement submission from sub recipients of federal grants in accordance with applicable federal agency guidelines, A-133, and Uniform Guidance.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Work directly with assigned group of federal grant subrecipients to process monthly expense reimbursements.
- Ensure all expenditures have appropriate supporting documentation and that they are reasonable, allowable, and within the scope of the grant.
- Align all expenditures with approved budgets.
- Conduct financial monitoring of subrecipients in accordance with their MOA’s and grant agreement.
- Ensure all internal controls, federal requirements, and subrecipient policies are maintained.
- Monitor percentage of funds spent to percentage of program deliverables.
- Other duties as assigned.
Equal Employment Opportunity
BBBSA provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals without regard to race, creed, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, disability, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law.
Americans with Disabilities Act
Employee must be able to perform all essential job functions, with or without reasonable accommodation.
The above statements reflect the general duties, responsibilities and competencies considered necessary to perform the essential duties and responsibilities of the job and should not be considered as a detailed description of all the work requirements of the position. BBBSA may change the specific job duties with or without prior notice based on the needs of the organization.
Big Brothers Big Sisters of America is an equal opportunity employer. M/F/D/V are encouraged to apply.
No staffing agencies/recruiter submission or inquiries will be reviewed/accepted.
Interested applicants should click here to apply.