Big Brothers Big Sisters of America, located in Tampa, FL, is looking for an Administrative Assistant to support our VP of Development & Marketing.
What Will I Do?
The administrative assistant is responsible for providing administrative support to the VP Development & Marketing. This position requires a high level of attention to detail,
professionalism, and the ability to multi-task projects as assigned by the VP. The candidate must have at least 2 years of relevant administrative support experience, preferably supporting a C-level executive. A Bachelor’s degree is preferred, but not required.
Why Big Brothers Big Sisters of America?
For more than a century, Big Brothers Big Sisters of America has provided children facing adversity with strong and enduring, professionally supported, one-to-one mentoring relationships that change their lives for the better, forever. With 250+ affiliates across the United States and more than 2 million children served over the past 10 years,
Big Brothers Big Sisters of America is the leader in providing youth mentoring programs to local communities. Our impact sets standards of excellence, growth, and innovation to youth in small and large communities. To learn more visit www.bbbs.org for more information about our programs, people, and positive impact.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Organizes the administrative aspects of the VP of Development & Marketing’s day-to-day needs including calendaring, expense reports, and maintaining
weekly status reports.
- Arranges memos, presentation materials, and documents using Word, Excel and PowerPoint applications—ensuring that materials are prepared using optimal formats and features.
- Prepares, publishes and distributes agendas, notes, and other documents at the direction of the VP of Development & Marketing.
- Ensures that all departmental needs are handled promptly and diplomatically. Acts to resolve issues by following up with appropriate stakeholders.
- Coordinates business travel for the Vice President. Books travel arrangements (transportation, lodging and other logistics). Resolves travel logistical issues/problems. Supports staff in travel expense budget management and reporting in accordance with the organization’s travel policies and processes.
- Other duties as assigned.
Equal Employment Opportunity
BBBSA provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals without regard to race, creed, color, citizenship, religion, national origin, age, sex, familial or marital status, pregnancy, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, disability, or any other legally-protected status in accordance with applicable local, state, and federal laws, regulations, and ordinances.
Americans with Disabilities Act
Employee must be able to perform all essential job functions, with or without reasonable accommodation.
The above statements reflect the general duties, responsibilities and competencies considered necessary to perform the essential duties and responsibilities of the job and should not be considered as a detailed description of all the work requirements of the position. BBBSA may change the specific job duties with or without prior notice based on the needs of the organization. Big Brothers Big Sisters of America is an equal opportunity employer. M/F/D/V are encouraged to apply.
Interested applicants should click here to apply.
No staffing agencies/recruiter submission or inquiries will be reviewed/accepted.