Job Title: Community-based Program Director
Location: Towanda, PA
Reports To: Board of Directors
Salary: Competitive Salary Commensurate with Experience
Overtime Status: Non-Exempt
To apply: Please submit resume via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Community-based Program Director administers the agency program service, ensuring compliance with national, state, local and grant requirements, policies, procedures and standards. This position will be responsible for overall quality and capacity-building of service through an ongoing process of program and staff quality improvement measures, staff development, supervision, monitoring, evaluation using program metrics and providing direct service.
Service Area: Bradford County PA, Tioga County PA, Sullivan County PA, Tioga County NY, Broome County NY.
Office Location: BBBS has a main office in Towanda, PA, a satellite office in Wellsboro, PA and a satellite office in Endicott, NY. The Program Director will will be required to travel regularly to the satellite offices to supervise and support local staff, develop community networks, and attend advisory committee meetings.
The Community-based Program Director supervises and directs the work of Enrollment/Match Support Specialists in assigned counties. This position works closely with BBBS team, Executive Director and Board to provide quality program services, program growth and participant safety.
- Develop annual goals with the Executive Director for the number of matches, quality metrics improvements and standards of excellence
- Provide Community-based program staff supervision through meetings, discuss ongoing service, quality improvements, statistical reports and caseload management issues
- Develop and support employees. Assess program staff and ensure accountability to performance.
- Provide direct service as needed for the continued well-being and growth of the programs. Manage supervision of mentoring relationships to ensure high-quality and safe matches.
- Steward relationships with key corporate, school, and partner contacts; in collaboration with team and Executive Director.
- Audit match files through quality assurance reviews to assure high level of service and compliance with agency standards of practice.
- Evaluate and provide program data regarding enrollment, match support, marketing and outcomes.
- Support team and agency efforts to provide excellent customer service to all constituents.
- Foster positive and professional relationships with school administrators and staff.
- Assist in marketing and presentations to recruit mentors, and to increase visibility of programs throughout service area
- Act as a resource for staff, clients, parents, volunteers, schools, and community and corporate partners.
- Assist with the design, administration and assessment of program evaluations required for grants and national standards.
- Represent agency and attend appropriate meetings with community groups, foundations, schools, corporate partners, Ex. Board, Advisory Boards or other constituents as needed.
- Oversee development of content and materials to facilitate volunteer, parent and youth orientation and training sessions for special programs.
- Report and interpret data to Executive Director on a monthly basis and/or as requested
- Assist the Executive Director and/or designee in the development and implementation of new programs and with identifying funding/ completing grant applications and reports as needed
- Routinely scan the BBBSA website, reading pertinent periodicals and literature, and attending conferences and trainings, funding permitting
- Other duties as assigned.
- Hold a four-year degree in Human Services or related field from an accredited university
- Proficiency in the Microsoft Office suite and database management
- Reliable personal transportation, valid driver’s license, and state required automobile insurance minimums.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to effectively partner with diverse populations and geographic areas
- Excellent public speaking, presentation, and writing skills
- Sound technical skills, analytical ability, good judgment, and strong operational focus; able to balance quality, and service with operational needs
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically and work collaboratively with others to inspire, motivate, and focus internal and external team members to the agreed upon goals
- Detail- and results-oriented approaches to management and growth
REQUIRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Strategic Agility – See ahead clearly; can anticipate future consequences and trends accurately; has broad knowledge and perspective; is future oriented; can articulate visions of possibilities and likelihoods; can create competitive and breakthrough strategies and plans.
Interpersonal Savvy – Relates well to all kinds of people inside and outside the organization; builds appropriate rapport; listens, builds constructive and effective relationships; receives feedback in a constructive manner and utilizes for growth; uses diplomacy and tact; values people and can diffuse high-tension situations comfortably.
Results – Can be counted on to meet and even exceed goals successfully, is constantly and consistently one the top performers; very bottom-line oriented; steadfastly pushes self and has the ability to motivate and inspire others for results.
Process Management – Good at figuring out the processes necessary to get things done; knows how to organize people and activities; understands how to separate and combine tasks into efficient work flow; knows what to measure and how to measure it; can see opportunities for synergy and integrations; can simplify complex processes; gets more out of fewer resources.
Perseverance – Pursues everything with energy, drive and a need to finish; seldom gives up before finishing; especially in the face of resistance or setbacks.
Equal Employment Opportunity
BBBS provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals without regard to race, creed, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, or non-disqualifying physical or mental handicap or disability.
Americans with Disabilities Act
Applicants as well as employees who are or become disabled must be able to perform the essential job functions either unaided or with reasonable accommodation. The organization shall determine reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis in accordance with applicable law.
The above statements reflect the general duties, responsibilities and competencies considered necessary to perform the essential functions of the job and should not be considered as a detailed description of all the work requirements of the position. BBBSA may change the specific job duties with or without prior notice based on the needs of the organization.