JOB TITLE: Community Manager
REPORTS TO: Director of Programs
To apply: send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com
Starting salary: $43,836.00
☒ Full Time
Responsible for providing direct service delivery. Service delivery responsibilities are based on the needs of the local office. Implement local fund development processes within the parameters of the Statewide Fund Development Plan and in coordination with the Fund Development Team.
- Perform service delivery functions as assigned. These functions include recruiting, interviewing, assessing, matching, and supporting program participants as well as completing any required surveys.
- Enter all inquiries, assessments, support contacts, and other pertinent data into the database, ensuring accuracy and timeliness of information systems according to standards.
- Ensure high-level proficiency in applying child safety and risk management knowledge, policies, and procedures throughout all aspects of job function. Identify child safety issues for volunteers, children, and their families.
- Maintain customer service at levels that meet or exceed expectations of all clients: volunteers, families, employers, donors, etc.
- Coordinate and execute program activities.
- Cultivate and steward a portfolio of local donors with the support of fund development leadership staff.
- Implement strategies based on statewide fund development plans and the donor’s readiness to give to keep donors engaged.
- Maintain donor and program records as mandated by Big Brothers Big Sisters recordkeeping policies.
- Provide local staff support to any special events, including but not limited to Bowl for Kids’ Sake and Dream Big.
- Partner on local grant development with the support of grant management staff.
- Notify management of grant opportunities.
- Assist with grant applications and reports.
- Maintain relationships with grant administrators.
- Identify and negotiate partnerships with local agencies, employers, and school districts.
- Engage in community meetings and events for the purpose of engagement of volunteers and donors.
Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Sales/Marketing – Ensure customers feel they have been listened to; establish credibility quickly; create and seize opportunities to match customer interest with Big Brothers Big Sisters options (partner, donor, volunteer, etc.); display enthusiasm and commitment; maintain a positive “can-do attitude; answer detailed questions about BBBS for the community.
- Communication – Verbal & Written – Able to practice active and attentive listening skills to verify understanding; translate what is heard, observed, or assessed into the documentation that is accurate, concise, and clearly communicates key information to others with a need to know.
- Customer Focus – Able to build strong working relationships with internal and external customers; identify unexpressed customer needs and potential services to meet those needs; independently anticipate and personalize communication/approach to fit different perspectives, backgrounds or styles of individuals; prioritize work in alignment with the needs of the customer; use customer knowledge and feedback to improve own work results.
- Planning & Organizing – Able to create detailed work plans; balance the need for adequate planning with the need for action; avoid wasting time on tasks that yield low value; use resources efficiently; create and monitor measures to chart the progress and impact of assignments.
- Problem Solving & Analysis – Able to gather appropriate data and diagnose a situation before taking action; separate causes from symptoms; apply lessons learned from others who encountered similar problems or challenges; anticipate problems and develop contingency plans to deal with them; develop and evaluate alternative courses of action.
- Continuous Improvement & Gets Results – Able to identify and apply “best practices” in own work; improve efficiency by planning and organizing work effectively, eliminating barriers and streamlining work processes; monitor, evaluate and track own performance; adapt work practices in order to meet goals and deadlines; persist in the face of ongoing obstacles or setbacks; accept responsibility for the quality and outcomes of own work.
- Resilience & Flexibility – Able to interpret situations and information objectively when stressed; remain calm and professional in potentially difficult or emotionally charged interpersonal interactions; maintain high productivity in stressful situations; maintain high performance in the face of setbacks or changing circumstances; view failures objectively and rebound quickly; work to clarify situations where information or objectives are ambiguous.
- Strategic Alignment – Able to align own work objectives with the organization’s strategic plan or objectives; take organizational priorities into consideration when making choices and trade-offs in own work; act with an understanding of how the community affects the business and how own actions and decisions affect other jobs or outcomes; maintain perspective between the overall picture and tactical details.
Minimum Bachelor’s Degree, with the following exceptions contingent on a waiver from Big Brothers Big Sisters of America: Associate Degree – staff must also have a minimum of 4 years of relevant work experience in related fields such as social services or human resources; in the process of completing Bachelor’s degree – staff must be within 6 months of degree completion; no degree at all – staff must have a minimum of 8 years of relevant work experience. Experience working with community development. Experience working with both child and adult populations; specific assessment, intake, or interview experience a plus. Must have a car, valid driver’s license, and meet state required automobile insurance minimums.
REQUIRED SKILLS & ABILITIES:
Proficiency in Google Drive. Excellent oral and written communication skills reflecting solid customer service, both in-person and via telephone, and high-level interviewing skills. Ability to form and sustain appropriate relationships based on positive youth development and volunteer satisfaction and effectively assess and execute the following relational support skills: guiding, supporting, confronting, advising, and/or negotiating. Experience or knowledge of trauma-informed care. Relate well in diverse environments. Maintain confidentiality throughout daily operations. Collaborate effectively with staff. Use time effectively and focus on details. Work independently. Ability to collect meaningful data and draw solid conclusions.
WORK ENVIRONMENT/PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
Flexible work hours to meet customer needs. If home visitation is indicated, must travel to local communities and neighborhoods. Ability to sit in meetings and work effectively using a computer for long periods of time.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and required skills. Contents may be subject to change to meet the needs of the organization.