JOB TITLE: Customer Relations Specialist
REPORTS TO: Director of Programs
LOCATION: Anchorage, Fairbanks, or Juneau
To apply: Send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Starting rate: $17.25/hour
☒ Full Time
This position is responsible for providing high-level customer service in response to all customer and stakeholder inquiries and leads. The successful incumbent will produce positive outcomes in the following areas: volunteer yield and processing time; youth yield; youth/parent processing time; and customer satisfaction.
- All customer and stakeholder contacts are marked by an atmosphere of engagement and motivation.
- Ensure that all volunteers receive an engaging, positive and personalized sales phone response promoting BBBS programs.
- Effectively move the volunteer from the point of first contact to active enrollment.
- Determine the best way to get volunteer investment in the enrollment process.
- Identify and eliminate any barriers interfering with the initial enrollment process.
- Follow process through to next point of contact.
- Obtain preliminary contact information and schedule enrollment interview within prescribed time frame.
- Send forms or program information as needed to volunteers, families or school administrators.
- Collaborate with other service delivery staff to ensure smooth transition among functions.
- Respond to all volunteer and parental/guardian calls of inquiry regarding their enrolled status (or that of their children). Ensure that all such inquiries receive prompt and informative response.
- Respond to all calls requesting general information; communicating basic information, flexibility and volunteer choice.
- Persistently and accurately track and maintain recurring contact with potential volunteers and families who have not yet begun the enrollment process.
- Check references and conduct background checks for volunteers. Immediately bring to the attention of Enrollment and Match Specialist any concerns surfacing during reference checking that may influence the volunteer enrollment process.
- Enter all inquiries and pertinent data into database, ensuring accuracy and timeliness of information systems.
- Participate in agency activities (match activities, fundraisers, etc.)
- Other duties as assigned.
- Attention to Detail — Able to review data/documents for accuracy and consistency; take action to prevent mistakes; follow procedures closely; keep records accurate and up to date.
- Customer Focus – Able to build rapport with customers, listening and responding effectively and efficiently to meet their needs; identify unexpressed customer needs and potential products/services to meet those needs; prioritize work in alignment with the needs of the customer; use customer knowledge and feedback to improve own work results; provide a welcoming and inclusive experience for prospective volunteers, youth and families of diverse perspectives, talents, backgrounds and/or styles.
- Flexibility & Achieving Change — Able to positively deal with changes that affect job requirements; adapt to shifting priorities in response to the needs of internal and external clients; quickly recognize situations/conditions where change is needed; work to clarify situations where information, instructions, or objectives are ambiguous; support organizational change.
- Gets Results— Able to demonstrate high personal work standards and a sense of urgency about results; do everything possible to meet goals and deadlines without sacrificing quality; persist in the face of changing circumstances; accept responsibility for the outcomes of his/her own work.
- Influencing— Able to persuade and enlist others’ support in accomplishing objectives; motivate/reassure prospective volunteers and youth/families to enrollment by using data or logic to aid them in their decision; use different influence approaches as appropriate.
- Planning & Organizing— Able to create detailed work plans; balance the need for adequate planning with the need for action; avoid wasting time on tasks that yield low value; use resources efficiently; create and monitor measures to chart the progress and impact of assignments.
- Relationship Building – Able to deal effectively with people in order to get work accomplished; adjust own interpersonal approach to fit the interpersonal style/needs of others; recognize the impact of one’s behavior on others; build a network of internal and external contacts to meet job responsibilities.
- Strategic Alignment – Able to align own work objectives with the organization’s strategic plan or objectives; act with an understanding of how the community affects the business and how own actions and decisions affect other jobs or outcomes.
Minimum HS diploma or GED with 2 years prior customer service experience. Experience working with both child and adult populations preferred.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Excellent oral and written communication skills reflecting solid customer service. Ability to relate well in multicultural environments. Experience or knowledge of trauma-informed care. Effectively collaborate with other staff. Use time effectively. Adapt to shifting priorities. Comfortable with technology and proficient with Google Drive products.
Ability to sit for long periods of time. Ability to work effectively using a computer for long periods of time. Note: due to COVID-19 staff are currently working remotely.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and required skills. Contents may be subject to change to meet the needs of the organization.