What Will I Do?
Big Brothers Big Sisters of America located in Tampa, FL, is looking for a Development Manager to support our Fundraising Department. The Development Manager is responsible for managing an active portfolio of current corporate and foundation partnerships and prospective partners. This role will be central to developing and retaining partnerships for the Fund Development Department. The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate a proven ability to manage the proposal process, including production of high quality documents with an emphasis on writing and editing. The Development Manager should have a Bachelor’s degree in Writing, English, Communications or Marketing with 5-8 years of related experience in nonprofit fund development or business development. The successful candidate must also be able to effectively coordinate with staff, including senior leadership and should be detail-oriented, highly organized, highly motivated, and professional.
If you feel that you have the skills, the proven experience, and desire to be a part of our team apply today.
Why Big Brothers Big Sisters of America?
For more than a century, Big Brothers Big Sisters of America has provided children facing adversity with strong and enduring, professionally supported, one-to-one mentoring relationships that change their lives for the better, forever. With 250+ affiliates across the United States and more than 2 million children served over the past 10 years, Big Brothers Big Sisters of America is the leader in providing youth mentoring programs to local communities. Our impact sets standards of excellence, growth, and innovation to youth in small and large communities.
To learn more visit www.bbbs.org for more information about our programs, people, and positive impact.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- With minimal assistance, research potential corporate and foundation partners and other potential fund development leads for new business development.
- Develop presentations and proposals that will be used by the Fund Development Department to create or renew partnerships.
- Ensure a smooth flow of information and consistent messaging in proposals by writing for readability and consistency, proofing, and editing all proposals, oral and written presentations, client communications and meeting documents as required.
- Develop value propositions and unique strategies that produce deliverable results and ensure alignment with business objectives.
- Research and identify potential fund development partners based on each prospective partners’ philanthropic priorities and support the pursuit of prospective partners within certain assigned categories (i.e. Cause-Marketing, Foundations, Sponsorship, etc.).
- Evaluate, cultivate, and engage prospective corporate and foundation partners through sponsorship, cause marketing, licensing, and philanthropic grants.
- Research and collaborate with subject matter experts on the most effective way to present program accomplishments.
- Other duties as assigned.
Equal Employment Opportunity
BBBSA provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals without regard to race, creed, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, disability, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law.
Americans with Disabilities Act
Employee must be able to perform all essential job functions, with or without reasonable accommodation.
The above statements reflect the general duties, responsibilities and competencies considered necessary to perform the essential duties and responsibilities of the job and should not be considered as a detailed description of all the work requirements of the position. BBBSA may change the specific job duties with or without prior notice based on the needs of the organization.
Big Brothers Big Sisters of America is an equal opportunity employer. M/F/D/V are encouraged to apply.
Interested applicants should click here to apply.
No staffing agencies/recruiter submission or inquiries will be reviewed/accepted