Position Title: Director of Enrollment and Matching
Overtime Status: Salary – Exempt
Location: BBBS Miami
Reports To: VP of Programs
Number of People Supervised: 5-10
HIRING COMPANY DESCRIPTION
Prominent not for profit, youth development organization, with a significant track record in serving thousands of youth in Miami Dade County. Dynamic, corporate Board of Director’s sets strategic direction, develops key partnerships and leads resource development efforts. A diverse, caring, talented and committed staff work in a warm, fast-paced, flexible, performance based environment.
Lead, supervise and support a team of Enrollment and Match Support Specialist to assure and facilitate quality, efficient enrollment and matching of families and volunteers in our 1:1 mentoring programs. Serve as an active member of the BBBS Management team providing thought leadership on all activities of the organization, not limited to the E & M department.
HIRING COMPANY VISION
All children achieve success in life.
HIRING COMPANY MISSION
Provide children facing adversity with strong and enduring, professionally supported one-on-one relationships that change their lives for the better, forever.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (IN PRIORITY ORDER)
- Supervise staff on Enrollment/Matching Team. Meet regularly with team members individually and in Team Meetings. Develop appropriate supervisory relationship with each team member.
- Track individual and team performance through review and analysis of individual and team metrics. Provide individual and team feedback to Enrollment/Matching Team staff on a regular basis and as needed to improve performance and teamwork.
- Plan effectively, track progress, and assure attainment of agency/team/individual goals for enrollment/matching. Maintain knowledge of funder requirements and grant goals for various funders/programs.
- Hold regular Enrollment/Matching Team meetings. Facilitate teamwork, group cohesion, and future planning.
- Consult with Enrollment/Matching Team staff regarding challenging interviewing/matching issues and family situations. Provide professional guidance and appropriate feedback for handling of sensitive situations. Assist with search for appropriate community resources for given situations.
- Facilitate Enrollment/Matching Team cohesion and teamwork with overall agency staff and especially Intake and Match Support staff. Monitor and facilitate smooth transition process of children and volunteers between teams.
- Work closely with Director of Match Support and Intake Supervisor to assure overall program quality and efficient overall processing of children and volunteers through program. Facilitate a unified program staff and a consistent program experience for children and volunteers.
- Regularly review client documentation of Enrollment/Matching Team staff for quality, accuracy, and professionalism. Assure compliance with agency and federation requirements for processing and documentation of volunteers and families.
- Observe trends and develop goals and objectives with team input for team metrics such as processing time and yield rates, and enrollment/matching goals.
- Thoroughly train new Enrollment/Matching Team staff members, utilizing BBBSA training materials, and assuring quality orientation and training according to agency procedure.
- As needed, maintain pool of trained and informed contract staff to complete interviewing during high-volume periods. Serve as supervisor of contract staff and assure their overall inclusion in agency. Facilitate/oversee processing of clients interviewed by contract staff.
- Maintain working knowledge of the BBBSA Service Delivery System and local agency policies and procedures and assure quality compliance with both.
- Maintain working knowledge of AIM database system, train/update staff regarding its most effective use, and assist other Program Management staff with maintaining integrity of database system.
- Meet regularly with VP of Programs to review individual and team performance, and receive and review progress on special projects. Receive feedback graciously and implement directives in a timely manner.
- Develop and submit reports regarding Enrollment/Matching Team as requested.
- Participate as a productive and engaged member of Program Management Team to assist with overall program review and planning, and as a member of the Agency File Audit Team.
- Special projects as volunteered and assigned according to specialized skills and agency need.
Education Level: (minimum & preferred educational requirements necessary to perform this job successfully)
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Bilingual in Spanish and/or Creole is required and/or a plus
Years of Related Work Experience: (minimum & preferred related work experience necessary perform this job successfully)
- Experience in and thorough understanding of mentoring, positive youth development and assets perspective. At least five years of experience in the social services, business, or educational field, along with at least one year experience supervising/training staff in the social services or business field.
- Routine office environment with flexible work hours to meet customer needs. Reliable transportation is required to travel to local communities and neighborhoods, Some evening/Saturday hours required.
- Excellent client documentation skills. Outstanding verbal and written communication skills. Outstanding leadership and teamwork/team facilitation skills. Excellent project planning and organizational skills, with attention to detail. Thorough knowledge of community social service resources. Professional demeanor and ability to represent agency to community. Ability to communicate effectively with management, line staff, and agency clients. Staff training and supervision skills. Knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, and Outlook.
TRAVEL REQUIREMENTS (LIST AS A % OF TOTAL WORK TIME)
WORK ENVIRONMENT/PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS (Describe any specific work place conditions and/or physical abilities that are related to and/or required by this job)
Stationary Position: Must be able to remain in a stationary position at least 50% of the time
Traverse: Must be able to move about the inside of the office Communicate Must be able to exchange accurate communication
Operate: Must be able to operate office productivity machinery (i.e. computer, copier etc.)
Lift: Must be able to lift office equipment up to 25 pounds
Equal Employment Opportunity
BBBS of Miami provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals without regard to race, creed, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, or non-disqualifying physical or mental handicap or disability, or any other federal, state of local protected class.
Americans with Disabilities Act
Applicants as well as employees who are or become disabled must be able to perform the essential duties & responsibilities either unaided or with reasonable accommodation. The organization shall determine reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis in accordance with applicable law.
The above statements reflect the general duties, responsibilities and competencies considered necessary to perform the essential duties & responsibilities of the job and should not be considered as a detailed description of all the work requirements of the position. BBBS of Miami may change the specific job duties with or without prior notice based on the needs of the organization.
Big Brothers Big Sisters is committed to being a drug-free employer. Although some State/Local Laws permit the use and possession of marijuana for both medical purposes and recreational use, Federal Law does not. Where the State/Local Law and Federal Law differs, Big Brothers Big Sisters of Miami will typically comply with Federal Law and that is our position regarding marijuana. Following Federal Law, and in the absence of State/Local Law to the contrary, Big Brothers Big Sister of Miami considers marijuana to be an illegal drug for the purposes of our policies. Therefore, the legalization of marijuana does not affect Big Brothers Big Sisters of Miami rights to enforce our drug and alcohol policies, including our drug testing policies. Testing positive for marijuana may result in disciplinary action, up to and including termination of your employment.
Applicants please send resumes with a cover letter to Mr. Gale Nelson at email@example.com.