Position: Director of Programs and Services
Agency: Big Brothers Big Sisters WI Shoreline, Inc.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $26.00 – $32.00 per hour
Full Job Description:
The Director is a lead partner in a dynamic and growing Big Brothers Big Sisters team. Big Brothers Big Sisters is the most well-respected and well-recognized name in youth mentoring and is a leader among youth advocates in the Sheboygan and Manitowoc County communities, collectively referred to as the WI Shoreline. The Director of Programs and Services will serve as the principal strategist and manager of youth service delivery and programs. He/she will partner with Chief Executive Officer and executive team to establish the strategies, objectives, action, and evaluation of the agency’s service delivery design, implementation, and performance. He/she will lead implementation of program initiatives within the agency’s strategic plan while ensuring child safety and quality youth outcomes. He/she ensures time, talent and resources are efficiently allocated and critically evaluated to realize satisfactory contribution to the agency’s achievement of all annual performance goals. He/she will demonstrate exemplary leadership and supervision, strategic and critical thinking, effective case management, and builds upon everchanging data and service needs.
- serve all youth who need and or desire agency support.
- achieve 100% compliance and safety ratings.
- ensure positive, quality youth experiences and outcomes.
- maximize agency and program efficiency.
- embrace individualized, yet holistic approach to the BBBS service-delivery model.
- encourage professional development.
- promote performance, transparency and accountability.
- Develop, lead, and manage principal strategies for agency youth programs and all aspects of service delivery.
- Identify, monitor and manage agency compliance with local, state, and federal laws, as well as BBBS local and national standards, policies and procedures.
- Work to prioritize and ensure the safety of all youth enrolled in BBBS programs and or in receipt of services.
- Adopt, develop, adapt and deliver program and service curriculums or models, including but not limited to match support and case management, and training for program participants to meet the needs of agency youth and families, and or respond to trending, urgent or emergent community needs involving youth and families.
- Work to define, prioritize, and ensure positive youth experiences and quality outcomes.
- Remove and/or reduce barriers to match enrollment and retention, and positive youth experiences and quality outcomes.
- Lead with and provide professional development experiences and opportunities for agency staff, elevating each for the sake of the individual, the agency, and the nonprofit industry.
- Manage and coach the professional performance of mentoring specialists and or program coordinators to meet and or exceed expectations.
- Understand and support agency compliance with local, state, and federal laws, as well as BBBS local and national standards, policies and procedures. Craft and maintain all related policies and procedures.
- Prioritize the safety of all youth enrolled in BBBS programs and or in receipt of services. Support any and all investigations regarding child safety.
- Adopt, develop, adapt and deliver program and service curriculums or models for program participants. Explore, recommend and develop new and or special programs/initiatives (i.e., MentorU, JEDI) and or program expansions.
- Participate in and contribute to the match enrollment and assessment processes, and supervise comprehensive quality assurance reviews (i.e., matches).
- Manage match caseloads for maximum effectiveness and efficiency.
- Identify program training needs.
Education and Professional Experience Requirements:
- Must have at least three to five years of related work experience with progressive management responsibilities preferably at the senior management level.
- At least three years professional experience in the nonprofit industry or a related field required (i.e., youth development, case management).
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field highly preferred (i.e., nonprofit management, psychology, social work, interdisciplinary studies).
- Embrace and advocate for the BBBS mission and vision.
- People management, positive relationship building, and leadership.
- C-Suite communication and presentation skills; Excellent oral, written and otherwise visual communications.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint); Canva, Adobe Acrobat, InDesign preferred.
- Top-notch change management skills.
- Excellent time and project management with attention to detail.
- Critical and analytical thinking, foresight.
- Solution-focused decision-making and problem-solving.
- Ability to function autonomously and within a team.
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible schedule
- Flexible spending account
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Bachelor’s (Required)
- Management: 3 years (Required)
- Nonprofit: 3 years (Preferred)
- Case management: 3 years (Preferred)
- Driver’s License (Required)
- One location
- Temporarily due to COVID-19