JOB TITLE: Enrollment and Match Specialist
REPORTS TO: Director of Programs
To apply: send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Starting salary: $35,100
☒ Full Time
This position is responsible for providing high-level customer service throughout the implementation of the volunteer and child enrollment and matching process in accordance with the Big Brother Big Sister brand and volunteer options. The successful incumbent will produce positive outcomes in the following areas: volunteer yield and processing time; youth yield; youth/parent processing time, and new match goals.
- Assess volunteer “fit” to BBBS. Conduct volunteer enrollments, including: group and individual orientations, interviews, and completion of any other enrollment processes. Determine if home visit is necessary and complete as indicated.
- Conduct client enrollments including parent/child interviews and orientation, child safety education and enrollment processes. Assess and refer families for alternative or additional services as needed.
- Ensure high-level proficiency in applying child safety and risk management knowledge, policies and procedures throughout all aspects of job function. Identify child safety issues for volunteers, children and their families.
- Identify and eliminate any barriers interfering with the completion of the enrollment process.
- Review and follow-up on references as appropriate. Immediately bring concerns regarding reference information which may influence the volunteer enrollment process to the attention of the supervisor.
- Conduct volunteer and client reassessments/updates as indicated.
- Review all enrollment information and assessments and make recommendations for participation in the program based on this information. Assess and apply factors contributing to successful match and effectively align volunteer interests and qualifications with service options of agency.
- Provide comprehensive assessments and match support recommendations for volunteer and child participation in the program based upon assessments of each individual volunteer. Maintain accurate and timely records for each match according to standards and utilize technology to report, synthesize and analyze data.
- Determine matches and facilitate match meetings in accordance with volunteer and family schedules.
- Makes recommendations to Match Support Specialist for training and support needs.
- Collaborate with other service delivery staff to ensure smooth transition among functions.
- Resilience & Flexibility — Able to interpret situations and information objectively when stressed; remain calm and professional in potentially difficult or emotionally charged interpersonal interactions; maintain high productivity in stressful situations; maintain high performance in the face of setbacks or changing circumstances; view failures objectively and rebound quickly; work to clarify situations where information or objectives are ambiguous.
- Communication – Verbal and Written — Able to practice active and attentive listening skills to verify understanding; adapt communication content and delivery to individual needs; proactively inform others about developments relevant to the team; openly and diplomatically express opinion, even when different from that of others; translate what is heard, observed or assessed into documentation that is accurate, concise, and clearly communicates key information to others with a need to know.
- Decisiveness & Judgment – Able to demonstrate good and ethical judgment in routine, day-to-day decisions; independently make decisions and take action, even in non-routine situations; consider impact of various options when making decisions; use good judgment in deciding whether to make a decision or escalate it to a supervisor for additional consultation; use an awareness of formal and informal decision-making channels to achieve desired results.
- Gets Results— Able to demonstrate high personal work standards, balancing quality and quantity with a sense of urgency about results; do everything possible to meet goals and deadlines; persist in the face of repeated challenges; accept responsibility for improving the quality, efficiency and outcomes of own work.
- Customer Focus– Able to build strong working relationships with internal and external customers; identify unexpressed customer needs and potential services to meet those needs; independently anticipate and personalize communication/approach to fit different perspectives, backgrounds or styles of individuals; prioritize work in alignment with the needs of the customer; use customer knowledge and feedback to improve own work results.
- Problem Solving & Analysis — Able to gather appropriate data and diagnose a situation before taking action; separate causes from symptoms; apply lessons learned from others who encountered similar problems or challenges; anticipate problems and develop contingency plans to deal with them; develop and evaluate alternative courses of action.
- Strategic Alignment — Able to align own work objectives with the organization’s strategic plan or objectives; take organizational priorities into consideration when making choices and trade-offs in own work; act with an understanding of how the community affects the business and how own actions and decisions affect other jobs or outcomes; maintain perspective between the overall picture and tactical details.
Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in social services, human resources, or related field, with the following exceptions contingent on a waiver from Big Brothers Big Sisters of America: Associate Degree – staff must also have a minimum of 4 years of relevant work experience in related fields such as social services or human resources; in the process of completing Bachelor’s degree – staff must be within 6 months of degree completion; no degree at all – staff must have a minimum of 8 years of relevant work experience. Experience working with both child and adult populations; specific assessment, intake, or interview experience preferred. Experience or knowledge of trauma-informed care. Must have a car, valid driver’s license, and meet state required automobile insurance minimums.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Excellent oral and written communication skills reflecting solid customer service and high-level interviewing skills. Ability to form appropriate assessment-based relationships. Relate well in diverse environments. Maintain confidentiality throughout daily operations. Effectively collaborate with other staff. Use time effectively and focus on details. Ability to collect meaningful data and draw solid conclusions. Proficiency in Google Drive products.
WORK ENVIRONMENT/PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
Flexible work hours to meet customer needs. If home visitation is indicated, must travel to local communities and neighborhoods. Ability to sit in meetings and to work effectively using a computer for long periods of time.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and required skills. Contents may be subject to change to meet the needs of the organization.