Job Description: Enrollment & Matching Specialist, Bilingual
Reports to: Senior Program Manager, Enrollment & Volunteer Initiatives
Agency Location: San Diego, CA
1 Hourly, non-exempt
1 Full Time
Essential to the BBBS brand, the primary function of this position is to ensure that volunteers and children are appropriately enrolled and matched while executing a high degree of independent judgment when utilizing BBBS standards and practices. A high-level customer service, focusing on volunteer options and child safety, is to be demonstrated throughout the volunteer and child enrollment and matching process. This position may be asked to perform duties within all Service Delivery Model (SDM) functions (CRS, EMS, MSS) and any program.
Performance Measures: The successful incumbent will produce positive outcomes in the following areas: produce professional assessments and matching recommendations for child and volunteer applicants, help maintain overall child safety, and achieve individual and team goals set on a monthly and annual basis.
1. Assess volunteer “fit” to BBBS. Conduct volunteer enrollments, including individual orientations, interviews, and completion of any other enrollment processes. Assess the necessity of home visits and complete as indicated.
2. Conduct client enrollments including parent/child interviews in both English & Spanish, child safety education and enrollment processes. Assess and refer families for alternative or additional services as needed.
3. Ensure a high-level of proficiency and skill in applying child safety and risk management knowledge, policies, and procedures throughout all aspects of job function. Identify child safety issues for volunteers, children, and their families.
4. Review and follow-up on references as necessary to gain additional data to complete the assessment process.
5. Conduct volunteer and client reassessments/updates as indicated.
6. Identify and eliminate any barriers interfering with the completion of the enrollment process.
7. Review all enrollment information and assessments and make recommendations for participation in the program based on this information. Assess and apply factors contributing to successful match. Effectively align volunteer interests and qualifications with service options of agency. Consult with other service delivery staff and/or supervisor as appropriate.
8. Provide comprehensive assessments and match support recommendations for volunteer and child participation in the program based upon assessments of each individual volunteer. Maintain accurate and timely records for each match according to standards and utilize technology to report, synthesize and analyze data.
9. Determine matches and facilitate match meetings. Accommodate volunteer and family schedules.
10. Based on assessment, recommend match support and training needs to Match Support Specialist.
11. Attend and assist with event tasks at two or more BBBS of SDC Match Events per year.
12. High degree of collaboration with other service delivery staff to ensure smooth transition among functions.
13. Assist with the agency’s administrative, marketing, and fundraising efforts as assigned.
14. Promote the agency’s marketing and fundraising efforts as assigned.
15. Assist with the production of National and/or local agency or agency sponsored events as required.
16. Attend and participate in National and/or local agency or agency sponsored events as required.
17. Answer agency phones as required.
18. Other duties as assigned.
• Minimum Bachelor’s degree required in social services, human services, or related field preferred.
• Bilingual in Spanish is required.
• Experience working with both child and adult populations; specific assessment, intake or interview experience preferred.
• Proficiency in Microsoft OFFICE; including Word, Outlook, and Excel.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• Excellent relational assessment skills.
• Verbal and written communication skills that reflect solid customer service.
• High-level interviewing skills.
• Ability to form appropriate assessment-based relationships.
• Relate well in multicultural environments.
• Maintain confidentiality throughout daily operations.
• Effectively collaborate with other volunteer match staff.
• Use time effectively and focus on details.
• Ability to collect meaningful data and draw solid conclusions.
• Must be able to obtain transportation to get to designated meetings throughout the county.
WORK ENVIRONMENT :
1 Routine office environment 0 Satellite Office/Location
1 Some Local Travel Required
Ability to sit in meetings for long periods of time. Ability to work effectively using a personal computer for long periods of time.
HOW TO APPLY–READ CAREFULLY
All interested applicants must submit both a COVER LETTER and RESUME to Claudia Aldana Robles at ClaudiaA@SDBigs.org. Applicants who are missing one or both items will not be considered. No phone calls, please.
BBBS of SDC promotes a culture of inclusion and seeks talented staff from diverse backgrounds. BBBS of SDC does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, religion, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, veteran status or any other legally protected factor.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and required skills. Contents may be subject to change to meet the needs of the organization.