Are you a Management Professional looking for a mission-driven opportunity to improve our Montana community? Maybe you are a skilled Grant Writer, Fundraising Expert, OR the master of managing all things 501C3 that we are looking for currently. Further, and better yet you like not managing, but leading talented teams through challenges, and taking on a critical mission in our society: 1-on-1 Mentoring vulnerable youth!
If any of this seems to be a descriptor of your skill set, interests and sounds like a fit for you, WE SHOULD CHAT! This may be the next career opportunity you have been searching for.
Career Opportunity: Executive Director (ED); a Full-time, Exempt Leadership Role.
Organization: Big Brothers Big Sisters of Yellowstone County (BBBSYC)
Location: Billings, Montana (office headquarters)
Compensation: DOE; plus, a comprehensive benefits package!
To learn more: Email Rochelle Rutherford (Board President) at email@example.com
SUMMARY / OBJECTIVE:
The Executive Director (ED) is the operating head of the organization and is accountable for all operations of the organization. The ED implements the strategic objectives of the non-profit organization, enables the staff to fulfill their roles, assigned duties and gives direction and leadership to achieving the organization’s mission, sustainability, and objectives. This will involve planning, directing, or coordinating operational activities at the highest level of management with the help of subordinate staff and support of volunteer board members. The ED will lead and direct BBBSYC’s financial budgeting activities to fund operations, maximize fund development, and increase efficiencies. To ensure continuing operations, and to maximize the impact of services in the county, the ED will direct, plan, and implement policies or initiatives for both community-based and school-based operations. A key goal for the ED is to elevate the organization’s funding network, and sustainability in a time when resources are scarce and shrinking.
INFORMATION ABOUT BBBSYC:
Our mission is to provide children facing adversity with strong and enduring, professionally supported 1-to-1 relationships that change their lives for the better, forever. Our Vision: That all children achieve success in life.
- Business Planning and Execution- Develops and drives the business plan of the organization within the context of the nationwide strategic direction; drives a collaborative process with the Board of Directors and staff. Uses performance metrics and quality indicators to guide operational decision-making.
- Financial Management – Develops plans that maximize the financial strength of the agency without adversely affecting other criteria of success (e.g., customer satisfaction, quality of service). Communicates the key performance levers and manages to these measures.
- Fund Development – Pro-actively ensures that the organization develops strong long-term relationships with large scale individual, foundation and corporate donors/funders. Personally, builds and maintains key relationships to ensure fund development strategy is achieved. Grant writing ability and experience.
- Talent Management –Attracts, retains, develops and leverages staff talent. Creates an environment where staff is engaged and performing at high levels. Institutes and utilizes an effective performance management system for all employees that include annual objective setting and evaluation.
- Program Impact – Ensures that comprehensive marketing strategies are developed to attract, engage and mobilize significant numbers of volunteer mentors. Ensures programmatic excellence and maximum program impact is achieved by establishing operational benchmarks, setting timelines and making child safety a priority.
- Ambassador and Spokesperson – Represents Big Brothers Big Sisters at external partnership events and with the media. Positively influences partners, the media and public policies to generate volunteers, donors and other resources.
SPECIAL WORK REQUIREMENTS:
- Promotes a culture that reflects the organization’s values, encourages superior performance and rewards productivity.
- Assists the Board President and Executive Committee team members, ensuring the team has sufficient and up-to-date information and resources to lead and facilitate a volunteer board of directors within the community.
- A respected reputation, with a high-level of knowledge on our region and its constraints.
- An established network, or the demonstrable skill set to become networked within Yellowstone County and Montana state.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; technical writing skills and experience are an asset and preferred.
- Budget management, monitoring and financial planning.
- Exceptional Customer Service Skills, externally and internally.
- Highly skilled with public speaking and event planning.
- A successful track record of managing small teams, and meeting/exceeding expectations while fulfilling a mission.
- A minimum of five-years of demonstrable management experience, which can include any OR all of the following criteria:
- Three years-experience in a non-profit management role.
- Three years-experience with supervision of multiple staff.
- Three years-experience with non-profit grant writing and compliance.
- Have demonstrable experience providing mentorship to others in a professional OR community setting.
- Acquired the experience and benefits of receiving the support, knowledge, and guidance from a community OR professional mentor.
- Bachelor’s degree in business management, Public Administration, Non-profit Management, or a related field.
- Graduate level degree in a related field.
- Active Member of the Association of Fundraising Professionals (AFP)
- CFRE Certification (Certified Fund-Raising Executive)
To apply, please submit a 1-page cover-letter outlining how your professional qualifications best fit the above role description and requirements, along with an updated copy of your resume to Rochelle at firstname.lastname@example.org.