Executive Director — Job Opening
Big Brothers Big Sisters of Flathead County
Reports to: Board of Directors
Works in coordination with the board, staff, and volunteers
Hours per week: 40
Salary: $45,000 to $55,000 (DOE) plus benefits
To apply: Email cover letter, resume, and at least 3 references to TWaldenberg@ilcorp.org
The Executive Director provides strategic leadership to the organization and oversees the day-to-day operations and staff. The Executive Director is appointed by and responsible to the Board of Directors of Big Brothers Big Sisters of Flathead County.
This position is responsible for providing high-level customer service in response to all functions of Big Brothers Big Sisters, including Fund Development and Service Delivery. The Executive Director may handle all functions or work with staff. The successful incumbent will produce positive outcomes in the following areas: partnership development, revenue, and service delivery standards, including but not limited to: inquiries, inquiry response rate, assessment quality, new match goal, contract compliance, and contact quality.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Strategic Planning and Execution – Develop and drive the business plan of the organization within the context of Big Brothers Big Sisters of America’s nationwide strategic direction; work with the Board and staff to ensure the agency’s stated mission and purpose are accomplished. Campaign the organization’s culture, be alert to evolving changes from National and inherent cultural changes that accompanies growth.
Board Development – Cultivate a strong Board of Directors and Advisory Councils willing to lead and contribute to the agency’s success.
Talent Management – Attract and retain a high caliber staff who create value to the agency, contribute significantly to the achievement of the agency’s objectives, and are committed to working effectively toward continual improvement.
Finance and Fund Development – Oversee the development of all financial and operational plans; oversee implementation of budgets, and monitor progress/changes related to budgets. Secure resources from a variety of sources, including grants, to support agency programming and prepare to follow up reporting. Assist the Board at identifying prospective donors and diversify the funding base for the agency. Assist the Advisory Councils with fundraisers and special events.
Program Management – Ensure programmatic excellence is achieved by observing national standards of practice, agency policies and procedures, and child safety guidelines.
Community Partnerships – Develop genuine and current relationships with local businesses, the media, United Way and service organizations leading to strong support.
Staff/Volunteer Relationships – Foster meaningful and effective relationships with both the staff and the Bigs. Maintain a positive working relationship with a strong communication line between the two.
- Possess CEO/ED competencies defined by BBBS-America
- Experience in effective leadership roles
- Nonprofit/general management experience
- Experience in personnel management, finance management, fund development, board development, partnership, and marketing
- An inclusive leadership style that endorses delegation and collaboration with clear decision-making authority
- Entrepreneurial (can point to tangible examples of having shaped the processes and structure needed for an organization to get to the next stages of growth)
- Demonstrated success leading a multi-functional team
- Performance-driven management style
- Adapts quickly to change, forward-thinking
- Strong and effective oral and written communication/presentation skills
- Experience in program development and management
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Personal qualities include integrity, commitment to BBBS mission, the ability to articulate an inspiring and motivating vision
- Interpersonal skills, including demonstrated ability to work cooperatively and effectively with other staff, community volunteers, service providers, and other professionals
- Work independently and as part of a team
- Treat all people with dignity and with a respectful, positive attitude
- Deal effectively with diversity among people and a willingness to adhere to BBBS philosophy statement
- Accept, act upon, and offer constructive criticism
- Approach situations with a sense of humor
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize tasks, and manage time efficiently
- Exceptional organizational skills and strong attention to detail
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel, knowledge of donor database programs