Big Brothers Big Sisters Services, Inc. (serving Greater Richmond, Virginia Peninsula, Hampton Roads, and Tri-Cities) is seeking a passionate, inspiring, and driven Executive Director to help the organization achieve their mission to create and support one-to-one mentoring relationships that ignite the power and promise of youth and fulfilling their vision that all youth achieve their full potential.
As Executive Director, you are responsible for overseeing the administration, programs and strategic plan of the organization, and spearheading and owning ultimate accountability for fundraising, marketing, and community outreach for the agency across the entire service area.
Financial Performance and Viability:
- Coordinate with the Board and the appropriate staff members to develop a comprehensive fundraising strategy for the organization
- Responsible for expanding the philanthropic support for the organization through identification and cultivation of foundations, corporate sources and individuals
- Responsible for the fiscal integrity of the organization, including submission of a proposed annual budget and monthly financial statements to the Board which accurately reflect the financial condition of the organization.
- Maintaining a balanced budget while demonstrating sound judgement and fiscal responsibility
- Responsible for managing relationships and funds through all outside partner sources, such as Big Brothers Big Sisters of America and United Way
- Management of all grant writing and reporting
- Ensure compliance with state and federal regulations
Board Governance and Relations:
- Partner with the board chair in planning the agenda and materials for board meetings
- Initiate and assist in developing policy recommendations and in setting priorities
- Facilitate recruiting and orientation of new board members
- Partner with the board to raise funds from the community from their networks and beyond
- Assist with staffing board committees as appropriate
Leadership and Program Development:
- Create an inspiring and engaging environment for staff, motivating them to do their best work
- Work with the Board of Directors, staff and affiliate leaders to establish strategic directions of the organization and carry out the mission of BBBS of America.
- Develop and execute plans for building engagement/retention/expansion of regional staff, donors, and Bigs
- Oversee all organizational programs, ensuring programmatic objectives are established and met or exceeded
- Embody the core values of the organization: Integrity, Excellence, Teamwork, and Respect
- Represent organization at the national level effectively, including but not limited to peer cohorts, innovation projects, and committees
- Develop and facilitate an active planning process
- Develop organizational goals and objectives consistent with the mission and vision of BBBS
- Responsible for the hiring and retention of motivated, qualified staff
- Develop and administer operational policies
- Provide information for evaluation of the organization’s activities
- Responsible for signing all notes, agreements, and other instruments made and entered into and on behalf of the organization
Public Relations and Community Engagement:
- Serve as chief liaison with specific community groups to promote awareness of programs and results
- Serve as BBBS’s primary spokesperson to the organization’s constituents, the media and the general public
- Ensure appropriate representation of BBBS by all staff
- Coordinate representation of BBBS to legislative bodies and other groups as needed
- Commitment to BBBS’s vision and mission.
- A record of successful and innovative fundraising with proven experience with individual donors and major gifts.
- A bachelor’s degree.
- Transparent and high integrity leadership.
- Five or more years senior nonprofit management experience, including administration, staff supervision, strategic planning, evaluation, budgeting, and organizational innovation
- Experience and skill in working with a Board of Directors.
- High level strategic thinking and planning. Ability to envision and successfully convey the organization’s strategic future to the staff, board, volunteers and donors.
- Ability to effectively communicate the organization’s mission to donors, volunteers and the overall community.
- Demonstrated ability to oversee and collaborate with staff.
- A history of successfully generating new revenue streams and improving financial results.
- Active fundraising experience with demonstrated results. Excellent donor relations skills and understanding of the funding community.
- Previous success in establishing relationships with individuals and organizations of influence including funders, partner agencies and volunteers.
- Solid organizational abilities, including planning, delegating, program development and task facilitation.
- Strong financial management skills, including budget preparation, analysis, decision making and reporting.
- Extraordinary communicator and relationship builder with a wide variety of stakeholders.
- Demonstrated cross-cultural competency and the ability to prioritize and implement diversity, equity, and inclusion strategies.
- Strong work ethic with a high degree of energy and emotional intelligence.
Send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org for immediate consideration.